Love Brewing Premium Chardonnay kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bon79

Reaction score
Don't know how much use this will be, as it was my first effort at any sort of home brewing, but here goes...
I got the kit with a starter bundle from Love Brewing, and wasn't really sure what to expect. There was a 5litre jerry can of juice (well, juice plus sugars etc) and everything else required. Instructions are nice and simple, and together with a selection of videos online, plus some sound advice from the forum, were comprehensive and easy to follow. Everything went more or less to plan, and I ended up with 28 bottles two and a half weeks later. Initially I was a bit disappointed about the ABV - it worked out at around 10.2% which seemed a bit low. However, taste wise, it's actually really good. I think my hydrometer use might be suspect - I reckon its more like 11%. It was drinkable after 3 weeks, and has continued to improve since then. I seem to have some light sediment in the bottle, but that hasn't spoiled the taste. Really impressed with the taste and quality, although I've not got anything to compare it to yet. Got a wine works Merlot in bottles now, and a Pinot Grigio currently clearing, so will comment on those later. At less than £1.50 a bottle, it's amazing!

I’ve made 8 beers, 1 cider and 1 wine kit so far. My white wine was my 3rd brew and was a Pinot Grigio. I got a similar ABV to you. I am using 30 litre brew buckets and there was an adhesive graduation marker on mine which I was going by. Turns out it was not correct and instead of adding 23 litres it was more like 24-25 litres. So i got a permanent marker and calibrated my brewing bucket in 5 litre intervals up to 20 litres and then 1 litre graduation marks after that. The wine turned out great. I’m going to do it again. This time hopefully the ABV will be more like 11 - 12%.

Latest posts

Back