Low FG (Wilko First Gold IPA)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just checked the gravity of my Wilko First Gold IPA and it's down to 1006 - I don't recally ever having a kit go that low before - does it sound right?
It's a 1.5kg kit with 800g brewing sugar added, using the supplied yeast (unsure of weight). The OG was wrong at 1096 (I know for sure I did not stir enough and took the sample from the bottom for that reading). Been sat at a steady 20C for a week or so.
I mean the instructions call for gravity readings to be stable below 1008, and 1006 is below 1008. I have no plan to keg til the weekend so can check for stability in readings on Friday.

I just checked the gravity of my Wilko First Gold IPA and it's down to 1006 - I don't recally ever having a kit go that low before - does it sound right?
It's a 1.5kg kit with 800g brewing sugar added, using the supplied yeast (unsure of weight). The OG was wrong at 1096 (I know for sure I did not stir enough and took the sample from the bottom for that reading). Been sat at a steady 20C for a week or so.
I mean the instructions call for gravity readings to be stable below 1008, and 1006 is below 1008. I have no plan to keg til the weekend so can check for stability in readings on Friday.
That's well and truly done and it's going to be dry due to the addition of that brewing sugar and probably light bodied...

Can you still get the Wilko first gold kit?,
I made it last year and really rate it.

Back