Low stock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil1987

Reaction score
Anyone know any website with decent stock of kits and beer enhancer or malt I'm looking to get one last kit in before the weather starts heating up but can only find websites with kits I like or websites with sugar ect and website delivery costs being so high its not worth buying them form two different sites

I usually buy from them as delivery price is good can get kits but they only have brewing sugar and I'm looking for half malt half sugar

Using two one can kits plus a smaller amount of ordinary sugar gives OK results. Better than Kit plus Kilo of Brew Enhancer, anyway.

Hi Neil

Hope you're well.

What is it you usually buy and I can try and give you some updates on when we're expecting those kits in.

Cheers
I have been waiting for the mangrove Jack's helles plus the malt but everytime I go to buy it its away I'm looking for lager kits i prefer the 2 can kits but currently yous are out of them all so was just going to get a coopers kit as yous have them in but dont have the brew enhancer for them or even dme to mix with the sugar

We are very low stocked right now, it's been hard to get enough stock in to keep up with demand to be honest. We shipped over 13,000 orders in May, over 60,000 items.

On the up side we have some very big orders in with suppliers, reminisent to what I was trying to order when lock down started and you lot wiped us out in a weekend :)

The Mangrove Jacks kits the last update we had on these was mid-june, that should include their pure malt enhancers as well. Go big or go home is our motto so we've ordered a load of beer and cider kits from those ranges.

2 can kits such as the muntons are constantly on order but supply has been affected by warehouse moves by 2 of the bigger suppliers in the country. I'm led to belive that these are more or less done now though and I'd hope to see the muntons kits coming back into stock again early next week. We knew in advance these moves were coming and ordered in as much as we could get our hands on and more, but when we're shipping the quantity of items we are right now 2 weeks without a delivery on certain products is a lifetime. Fingers crossed all the dme and enhancers arrive at the same time as well.

Coopers we had over 1,000 kits delivered yesterday but they are literally grab them whilst you can, over 300 have sold in less than 24 hours and the next delivery into the UK is over 3 weeks away.

Coopers are imported from Australia so to ramp up supply isn't an easy thing to do logistically because order to delivery times can be up to 3 months so it's never going to be instant. I do know however that there will be twice as much per month arriving from August... you just have to drink more slowly until then ;)

For the kits manufactured in the UK they all take up valuable time on machines, plus with increased demand the lead times on the raw materials themselves also increases. The more kits need making the longer the queues on the machines become and even with increased running times of the machines into the evenings/weekends right now it's still not enough to keep supply constant.

The lead times on stock aren't going to go away in the next couple of months though, and in fact are increasing, so with that in mind we've just recently sourced another single can brand that isn't in the UK at the moment and outsells Coopers in Australia, Morgans Brewing, which fingers crossed will be on a boat from Brisbane in the next week or so. We have 11,500 kits arriving on that and can't wait to get them available for you guys.

Also as an FYI, spend £100 on our site right now and you can have 6 x Frosty Jacks 330ml glasses on us whilst stocks last.

I hope this helps guys

Might be a good time to get some grain and try a 10 liter brew-in-a-bag.

Everything you need in one little kernel. wink...

Wow. That's some serious turnover of supplies and shipping of orders. Well done guys👍

Ive never heard of Morgans Brewing so I'll keep an eye on that stuff.

Wow. That's some serious turnover of supplies and shipping of orders. Well done guys👍

Ive never heard of Morgans Brewing so I'll keep an eye on that stuff.
You lucky bastards.
Morgans is a good kit. I've got a couple here as I stocked up in case we went into lock down. We didn't.
But I have a Frontier IPA which is one of my favourites and a Blue Mountains Lager.
And I'm currently sipping a Morgans Amber Ale.
I have a Morgans Cider in the FV now, which I'll bottle tomorrow.
I bottled a MJ Cider this morning. Brewed them side by side so I'll have a good comparison.
I'm pretty sure Coopers have a stake in Morgans.

I didn't realise Morgans out sold Coopers although I buy more Morgans than Coopers.

Last edited:
Back