LPG level tester anyone used for C02?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banbeer

Banbeer Brewing
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a Truma LPG level tester that works very well, my question is has anyone used a similar or same tester on C02 and did it work? Unfortunately my caravan is in storage 40 miles away, the tester is in the van and I'm not allowed over at the mo

Probably not, as it’s designed for LPG cylinders. CO2 cylinders are generally smaller in diameter, but much taller. They are of a significanty heavier gauge of metal due to the higher pressures involved. I also suspect the Truma unit is calibrated to a certain density for butane so if it did measure it would be inaccurate.

Probably not, as it’s designed for LPG cylinders. CO2 cylinders are generally smaller in diameter, but much taller. They are of a significanty heavier gauge of metal due to the higher pressures involved. I also suspect the Truma unit is calibrated to a certain density for butane so if it did measure it would be inaccurate.
Thanks

Interesting. If they did work on a CO2 cylinder. But pricy if having one dedicated to beer CO2.

Weighing the cylinder when you get them is a cheaper ploy. Just remember to have the weight written on a label attached to the cylinder (I didn't, and after a leak I've no idea how much is left).

Interesting. If they did work on a CO2 cylinder. But pricy if having one dedicated to beer CO2.
Yeah, I agree they are about £75 now the Truma ones, I bought mine a couple of years ago in a sale for £40, as for the label with the weights on I will stick it onto my kegerator for safe keeping athumb.. 🍻

Latest posts

Back