Lucky Dip

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just received 5 liquid yeasts from BrewUK for a tenner on their lucky dip scheme. None of them are out of date and none of them are what I would have obviously gone for, so I'm quite looking forward to trying some new recipes. They are WLP072 "French Ale" I'm thinking of doing a bière de garde with this one as one of the few French brewers I really enjoy is La Choulette. Then, Omega OYL-210 Brett blend #1 - I've no idea what I'm going to do with that! WLP 565 Belgian Saison- speaks for itself, I've been intending to do a saison for a long time, but more along the lines of Dupont. OYL-033 is described as Lithuanian Farmhouse ??????? and finally Wyeast 1450 Denny's favourite 50 ale. Something of an all-rounder, apparently. This pack is already inflated so the nutrient sachet must have burst. I'll get a starter made this evening with a view to knocking up a stout.
I think I've got my money's worth here. Has anybody any experience of any of these yeasts? Especially the Lithuanian farmhouse.

Hi An Ankou, +1, a really good haul athumb..

I can't help with the Lithuanian Farmhouse :?:... but I also got a pack of the WLP565 in a Lucky Dip pack and would REALLY recommend it, even the starter wort was delicious IMHO wink... ...
WLP 565 Belgian Saison- speaks for itself, I've been intending to do a saison for a long time, but more along the lines of Dupont.
... there's lucky, from a few places on the internet, many suggest this is the Dupont strain ... certainly I used a "typical" saison style recipe, with a rag-bag of bits of leftover malt and adjuncts and some "UK noble" hops (I think it was some WGV) that I had leftover from something else and it made a VERY nice beer. I've also used it in a Brune based on a Leffe Brune clone-recipe and that turned out well too. It does take anything/everything down to 1.000-5, but doesn't leave it tasting "thin" :?:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have wink...
Cheers, PhilB

The Denny's favorite sometimes starts to swell without the inner pouch being broke open. I recently did a batch of Denny's Wry smile rye IPA with it.

Latest posts

Back