Made a Firefox extension to convert units

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be working great for me, thanks for updating.

What are you programming this in?

I can't read JavaScript (yet, but will probably have to one day). I'm a data analyst so I do a lot of coding in Python and R. I was looking for beer related projects that could get involved with. What would be great is to get my hands on the user data for something like Brewtoad. With that amount of data I could start doing some predictive models, AI based recipe generation etc. Not sure they hand out their user data though.

I usually code in python and c/c++ but use what I need to to get stuff done. Not used R though.

Can't you just scrape the recipe pages to get recipe data?

Probably could actually, I would need to build a web scraper which I've not done before (most coding skills are around data manipulation/processing etc and basic functions). I have the code for a web scraper so could reverse engineer it.

I really like R for data analysis, but it was the first language I learnt. I can definitely see why those who come from a programming background hate it, and after learning Python I sometimes go back to R and start hating it after long periods of using it.

I'd like to learn C/C++ because I'm really into video games and starting to get into development. I think it will be a while before I make that step as I'd like to be better at Python and R first. Also I think when I get round to trying game dev I'll learn to use an engine like Unity and then use C# to code within the engine.

Using python you can do that using beautifulsoup and requests. I can probably help out with that.

As for gamedev, checkout Godot engine. It's like unity but free for all use.

Latest posts

Back