Maischfest Mash Kettle - Small Batches

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had the 25L Maischfest for over 2 years (or is it 3?) and I do 11L batches (all grain, full volume, BIAB), i.e. virtually all my brews start with 15L water and I end up kegging 11L.

(I think the 30L is same diameter, just a bit taller???)

I did recently do a 5-6L extract experiment and it was fine. I reckon you'll be fine doing smaller batches even if you've gone for the 30L model 👍🍻

I've had the 25L Maischfest for over 2 years (or is it 3?) and I do 11L batches (all grain, full volume, BIAB), i.e. virtually all my brews start with 15L water and I end up kegging 11L.

(I think the 30L is same diameter, just a bit taller???)

I did recently do a 5-6L extract experiment and it was fine. I reckon you'll be fine doing smaller batches even if you've gone for the 30L model 👍🍻
Thanks, it’s one of those things I think it will be fine but the sudden paranoia of was this a good idea after spending £200 odd pounds, so hearing from someone who has actually used the piece of kit in question is reassuring (I thought about going for the 25L one but the price difference between it and 30L was minuscule at the moment). While I am hoping to do the occasional 20L batch of basic Bitter or Saison, I really like the versatility of small batches, and It is always a bit of a struggle to get 15L up to the boil on the stove hence finally deciding to go for a dedicated boiler.

and It is always a bit of a struggle to get 15L up to the boil on the stove hence finally deciding to go for a dedicated boiler.
Yep, I hear you - I had exactly the same pain a few years back when I used to brew on the hob in the kitchen. The Klarstein certainly has more oomph to get up to the boil more quickly in my experience. It's not got all the bells and whistles of more expensive systems but it's tremendous bang for buck.

Latest posts

Back