Making beer at home, what do you call it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you describe what you're doing?

• Homebrewing?

• Craft Brewing?

• Micro Brewing?

• Pico Brewing?

• Shed Brewing?

Results are only viewable after voting.

J_P

Regular.
Reaction score
My mate Pete objects profusely when someone calls his beer "home brew" and insists it's either micro or pico brewed ale, presumably dependant on whether he's doing a 10 or 5 gallon brew :lol:

He's very keen, and rightly so in my opinion, to prevent association with the cr4p that boots sold in the 70's and 80's, with this said I find the term "craft brewing" a little poncy so I was wondering what you folks call what we do?

I brew in the shed so I chose shed brewing. I like the idea of telling someone it's home brew before giving them a taste, it's the old ploy of under promising and over delivering!

I brew craft beers at home :lol:

I can well see the argument against calling it home brew, it does conjure up the impression of rocket fuel that you would only brew when ****** . . . Same goes for Shed Brewers . . heard a bit of a discussion about that a couple of weeks ago as the Essex group of the CBA has called itself the shedbrewers . . . much to the disgust of one of the members, and I can see his point, its a bit of fun, but does convey the wrong impression.

Latest posts

Back