Making beer with liquid malt extract and isomerised hop extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliott 22

Regular.
Reaction score
My question is can I make a decent beer using just lme, isomorised hop extract and then dry hop for bio transformation and dry hop at the end of fermentation?

no boil, just enough to get the lme out of cans?

any Help greatly appreciated

I'm hoping so.

I recently purchased a kit that has 6kg of liquid malt extract and will only use half of it when I eventually make the kit up. Before that I'll be using the other 3kg of plain extract with some iso extract and dry hops. I may do a steep in one of the pouches/tins or possibly add some East Kent Golding hop extract, not sure which yet.
Either way, that'll be my next brew up in just over a week or so. Will be making it up as if it was a kit so no boiling other than the 2-3 litres to rinse the tin/pouch.
If you get yours on before me, keep us all posted 👍

Cheers Tom

Yes you can. I have done 2 kits from the Bruphoria range from The Homebrew Company, a Wit Beer and a Blonde Ale. The Wit beer is just two cans of Coopers Wheat liquid malt extract, isomorised hop extract, dry hops and Mangrove Jacks Wit yeast. The Blonde Ale was fantastic and I am currently drinking the Wit beer which as good as any shop bought Wit beer.

Yes you can. I have done 2 kits from the Bruphoria range from The Homebrew Company, a Wit Beer and a Blonde Ale. The Wit beer is just two cans of Coopers Wheat liquid malt extract, isomorised hop extract, dry hops and Mangrove Jacks Wit yeast. The Blonde Ale was fantastic and I am currently drinking the Wit beer which as good as any shop bought Wit beer.
That’s awesome thanks @damienair

Did you have to do any hop tea or anything else?

You do realize that you have just described a beer kit?
Kits come with hopped malt extract
Trying to ascertain if there’s anyway round not doing a boil with pure lme to add bitterness and flavour as currently don’t have those options,
Hence asking about isomorised hop extract

Kits come with hopped malt extract
Trying to ascertain if there’s anyway round not doing a boil with pure lme to add bitterness and flavour as currently don’t have those options,
Hence asking about isomorised hop extract
You get some bitterness at less than boiling temperature.

Latest posts

Back