Making Concentrate - viable ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARTYCHOKE

Reaction score
Hi Guys (M & F)

Does anyone know if it's possible or even feasible to create and store your own concentrates, thereby (perhaps) saving time on other AG batches ? Ie one lot of clearing, cleaning etc.

I am considering experimenting with a few large, sterilised Kilner jars for storage in a fridge. It is not my intention to store it long term but would guess 3 months maximum might be possible ?

Apart from reducing the overall batch water volume, any tips or other advice/ experience to share please ?

Cheers

It is. It's even got a name. It's called Maxi-Biab. I dont thing you can concentrate it as concentrated at a kit but my last brew (see my brewday thread) I did 50% concentrate. You dont even need to keep it in the fridge if you "cube" it, using plastic jerry cans you can buy from ebay. It lasts for months cubed. Cubing is part of how you no-chill ( not the way I do it though) If you didnt cube it, I think freezing would be a better option than fridge

Latest posts

Back