Making the jump from wine to beer and learning how to all grain brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry454

Reaction score
Hi all - I've been home-brewing wine for many of years. I now have over 1000 bottles maturing (more than I'll probably ever be able to drink). So then I figured I'd try sous vide for a while. And yes you guessed it, I now have.more liqueurs than I could reasonably drink anytime soon.

I've now decided it's time to try my hand at beer brewing and honestly I'm just not interested in kit brewing.

I have a range of mini 5l stainless steel kegs which I have adapted with a valve on the top so I can Inject Co2 in them.

I want to AG (all grain) brew and I want to do small batches. As in 5 to 10 litres of each beer at a time.

I don't drink a lot of beer and this is all about the experimentation for me. I'll probably want to make 10+ variations of each beer just playing around with different variants.

So for example I was looking at this recipe from brew dog for there Elvis juice

http://brewgr.com/recipe/50230/clone-of-elvis-juice-american-ipa-recipe
Problem is none of the recipes give actual instructions for a noob like myself. I feel like I need a simple step by step guide at now to brew the AG recipes. So I actually understand the steps I need to take to brew from recipe sheets like brew dog released in the homebrew pdf file.

I could of course just get a guide from the internet. But I'm looking for something reputable.

Can anyone recommend or link me to a good step by step guide on how to.brew AG recipes like the Elvis juice I linked to?

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. On holiday on a breach in Spain and it's hard to see the screen in this sun!!

Youtube is a good place to start. A few How To BIAB* videos will give you a good idea of the process on minimal equipment, which you may have from making wine.

*Brew in a bag.

Latest posts

Back