Malt extract - Holland and Barrett 25% off and free delivery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 10 large jars when this thread was posted.

25 percent off, free delivery, and also buy 1 get one half price.

Only 4 arrived so I complained. Then a few days later the other 6 were dispatched.

Today I've had a reply to my complaint saying they can see it was all dispatched but they have appolgised for the missing shipment and refunded the whole order...

So I guess I'm a criminal now...

Contact them and tell them what has happened say you will send it back if they cover postage and compensate you for the time it will take to package and take it to the post office, they will probably tell you to keep it.

I ordered 10 large jars when this thread was posted.

25 percent off, free delivery, and also buy 1 get one half price.

Only 4 arrived so I complained. Then a few days later the other 6 were dispatched.

Today I've had a reply to my complaint saying they can see it was all dispatched but they have appolgised for the missing shipment and refunded the whole order...

So I guess I'm a criminal now...
Why? H&B have refunded you the order value as a goodwill gesture. They didn't have to do that.

I've had that before with orders of big numbers from H&B, they send it out in dribs and drabs rather than all in one package.

Could you use this stuff in place of liquid or dry malt extract, is it a good substitute?

You can certainly use it in place of dry or a kit can of liquid malt. It's just pure liquid malt extract I believe.

I've had that before with orders of big numbers from H&B, they send it out in dribs and drabs rather than all in one package.

Could you use this stuff in place of liquid or dry malt extract, is it a good substitute?
I've used it before. I even did an extract brew with it, but found it slightly twangy, But it would be OK to use a 1lb jar as an addition to a kit.

Back