Malt extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time you have paid postage (£3.49) you are close to kit prices. And you have no hops. I think it will work fine. But you don't know if it's light, medium or dark.

can you collect it? - might help others to recommend if you give a post code. 5kg will be expensive to deliver, depending on where you live.

I would be interested to know your homebrew experience; what have you been brewing up to now?

Malt Miller currently has the cheapeast / best quality DME I've been able to find: £5.90 per kg.

I used to buy from HBC Ireland, they had regular sales when it went down to £4.50 per kg but now it's £7 per kg and they've stopped the free postage.

Malt Miller currently has the cheapeast / best quality DME I've been able to find: £5.90 per kg.

I used to buy from HBC Ireland, they had regular sales when it went down to £4.50 per kg but now it's £7 per kg and they've stopped the free postage.
Looks like the THBC have sold out completely on DME at the present time. That's where I normally buy from. I buy mine in multiples of 3kg (costing £16.50, was £14.50). I'm OK at the moment for supplies but what with stopping free postage and price increases I might be looking elsewhere for my next 'big shop' although there is still a small forum discount.
Last time I bought DME it was a top up from Brew2bottle at £5.95/kg for Ritchies. However that's now showing as 'out of stock', and has been for some time, so I wonder if that has anything to do with Ritchies being taken over. Time will tell. However B2B currently have Muntons DME in stock.
It seems to me that there is a shortage of DME at present. If it continues and/or the price keeps going up I might fully move from brewing partial mash beers to small volume AG (max 12 litres), being limited by the size of my stockpot, and/or revert back to a kitcan and a grain mash.
But whatever the situation with DME I won't be going back to unhopped LME as an adjunct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back