Malt Group Buy in London/Berkshire Area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to all grain, only done a couple of partial mashes and a couple of 1 gallon AG so I suppose a sack of extra Pale maris otter or pilsner malt. I like hoppy pilsner and hoppy pale ale if anyone wants to suggest anything I'm here to fail to succeed as long as I make beer I'll drink it. I have a brewzilla on order from brewkegtap
🤣🤣🤣we’re in same boat I’ve got broken unit and can cook only 4 gallons but I was so jealous of northerners having such a bargain I couldn’t resist to stir a ...

🤣🤣🤣we’re in same boat I’ve got broken unit and can cook only 4 gallons but I was so jealous of northerners having such a bargain I couldn’t resist to stir a ...
And I still got about 10 cans to brew, here in Reading we have few breweries I could ask for participation 🙄

2 x 25 kg bags for me. Guildford collect would be better for me. Essex is too far (sorry 😊).

I'd also be keen if collection is possible somewhere near Guildford - I'm based in Hampshire but no room to store unfortunately.

Probably 2 x 25kg

I'm in Bedford, so not far from London. Would be interested to get in on a group buy or can potentially even contribute by providing storage. I have a dry garage with room for 2 pallets and worked from home even before all the Covid stuff so I am often around to facilitate people collecting.
Either way, I'm normally looking for Maris Otter, Pilsner or Wheat malt!

This thread makes me want to switch from partial to full AG but I can't really justify going above 10l pot on the hob.

I could put something on my birthday list I suppose as I'm only a few miles from Guildford.

At the moment I can't commit until I can scale up my production to AG, but will be interested in the future

I'm in Bedford, so not far from London. Would be interested to get in on a group buy or can potentially even contribute by providing storage. I have a dry garage with room for 2 pallets and worked from home even before all the Covid stuff so I am often around to facilitate people collecting.
Hi A

That's utterly brilliant

A few people in your neck of the woods have expressed interest in the last few months, but the key is a delivery location. @chillipickle

We here are happy to support with our ordering and payment processes (that makes them sound grander than they are) however, @chopps is currently working on a website through which people could order

We can also use our Muntons'Crisp accounts to start with. What we have found is that the prices do differ from one region to another

Feedback from others please - but I suggest we set a date for the first order (beg Sept) and would welcome views on whether Muntons or Crisp is preferred

I would be possibly up for being in on this. I'm the other side of Bicester where there are at least a couple of
other members so if they were interested too it'd could work out well - maybe take turns to drive to Bedford for collection.
My preference would be for Crisps.

I could be interested depending when it happens. We should be moving to Maidenhead in August, so I'd be up for a couple of bags or three then.

I’m in Essex and will happily take 4 sacks of Lager malt if there’s someone willing to distribute a few sacks up this way 🍺

I've just done a very rough totting up of peoples replies and I counted about 17 sacks claimed. We're basically half way there and I could probably take another sack for myself too.

@Obadiah Boondoggle, do you have a good way to track what is being requested that we could 'borrow'? Like a google spreadsheet or something?

If not I could try and bodge something...

Back