Malt Group Buy in London/Berkshire Area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still interested, about an hour away so would be good to link up with any members this side of Bedford ( near Bicester ) to take turns picking up.

Happy to take a couple of 25 kg sacks of maris otter or similar, can store an additional 4x 25 kg sacks of grain for others to collect from Brackley/Bicester/Banbury area.

Sorry guys I'm out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220713_191209.jpg
    IMG_20220713_191209.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220713_191157.jpg
    IMG_20220713_191157.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220713_191144.jpg
    IMG_20220713_191144.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
I have a supplier ready to go, it's now just a case of getting enough orders in to make the delivery cost worthwhile!

This thread has been running a while, so I'd like everyone to post again and reaffirm what they would like incase some people no longer want any.

These prices are operating under the assumption that we can get 20 sacks between us. If its more, prices will get cheaper as the delivery cost per bag will work out less. Prices may fluctuate slightly, the price I was given for wheat malt has gone up £3 in the last month!

Headline prices for a 25kg sack (inclusive of delivery to me), crushed or whole at your choice:
Maris otter £25
Pale malt £23
Munich malt £23
Wheat malt £27
Vienna malt £23
Lager malt £23

I'll let this run for 2 weeks to see if we have enough interest. By 8th August I will either go or no go this! If we are a go, I will start requesting payments. The order will go in once I have everyone's money, it's 2 days for delivery to me and then you are welcome to collect.

Ground rules:
Collection is from Bedford
I'll be available most daytimes and evenings, but once the order is placed, please arrange with me when you'll be collecting, especially if you're making fair journey!
Please collect from me within 3 weeks of the delivery. I don't want dozens of sacks of malt clogging up my garage for months!

Get posting and I'll edit in the list of who wants what here:
Ahdinko - 2 Maris Otter whole, 1 wheat crushed
David - 1 pale malt whole, 1 Maris Otter whole
Robster62 - 1 pale malt crushed, 1 Maris Otter crushed

Last edited:
i think that everyone that wants to be part of it are to far apart so it doesnt really work for collection of the malt as it would have been a couple of hours round trip to pick it up for quite a few of us

Yes it was a London/Berkshire group but the collection was going to be in Bedford?!

I reckon a Berkshire/Surrey group might be more likely to get the required numbers, with a collection near Guildford/Farnham

But ultimately if it’s a long drive most people won’t bother and will just pay a bit extra to get it delivered to your house from geterbrewed or wherever.

Back