Malt Miller All Grain Kit Instructions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm setting up for a brew day first thing tomorrow and have just checked the brew day sheet.

It's a Malt Miller 23 L All Grain Kit - "Rob's Twisted Stout" - I've just checked the sheet and it includes these instructions for the mash:

THE MASH
Temperature °C: 67
Length (mins): 60
Out temp °C: 75
Out time (mins): 10

I'm a bit of a newbie and I don't know what "Out Temp" and "Out Time" are.

Any ideas? I'm brewing in a 30L Brew Monk All-in-One by the way. Also posted this in the main forum, apologies if that's bad form..

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jonno, those instructions are a bit misleading for someone new to all grain brewing, out time means after the 60 minutes turn the temp up to 75c for ten minutes this is called mash out then proceed to the sparge and then the boil, some folks don't bother doing a mash out

Jonno, It's all there even of it's not explained well.

Please don't take this the wrong way buy Buy a Book!

A book will explain the processes and procedures and give you the background information that will make brewing so much less stressful.

ATB. Aamcle

I'm setting up for a brew day first thing tomorrow and have just checked the brew day sheet.

It's a Malt Miller 23 L All Grain Kit - "Rob's Twisted Stout" - I've just checked the sheet and it includes these instructions for the mash:

THE MASH
Temperature °C: 67
Length (mins): 60
Out temp °C: 75
Out time (mins): 10

I'm a bit of a newbie and I don't know what "Out Temp" and "Out Time" are.

Any ideas? I'm brewing in a 30L Brew Monk All-in-One by the way. Also posted this in the main forum, apologies if that's bad form..

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jonno,

Yes, it can be quite tricky when you first start all grain brewing. Some companies give exact instructions for an all grain kit. At TMM we find that as people are brewing on completely different systems so what works for one customer won't work for another. However, we have blog posts and videos explaining the process and to be honest, once you have taken that information on board you will be able to brew any recipe you like on your particular system or method of brewing.
To directly answer your question, the OUT time is a mash out where the temperature of the mash is heated in the last 10 minutes, this is useful in some systems as it keeps the grain bed fluid during sparge. If you don't have the ability to carry that process out completely ignore that stage.

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/blo...d-a-beer-recipe-and-calculate-liquor-volumes/

Latest posts

Back