Malt Miller Brilliant Service.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ordered sizeable malt and hops list from the Malt Miller 11.00 UK time on Thursday. Package arrived 10 am CE time today, Saturday, to South of Brittany. 46 hour turnaround. Congrats to the Malt Miller and DPD. Brilliant service.

Whenever I need something yesterday it's The Malt Miller I go to. If I don't mind waiting a few days and am after the keenest price then I'll order from one of those big places in Ireland we all know and use.

I use Brew2Bottle only for DME for making yeast starters. Found I am using a lot recently and they were the cheapest I could find for it. I havent actually browsed their malt offerings yet

Looks good at first glance, you only need to spend £50 for free delivery double that at malt miller

I can see there's a bit of price watching on delivery etc..fair enough we all do.
I like MM as your grain is freshly milled,bagged if you request it and labelled.

I've used MM a few times recently and been pretty impressed with them. Some of their prices can be a bit punchy and needing to order £100 worth of stuff for free delivery is a bit of a pain so smaller orders are likely to come from elsewhere. But yeah, once I've made the decision to order from them, I can't fault them.

In my Last order from MM I ordered various quantities of the same grain so they would be sealed for storage for separate brews. They all came bagged together. I did query this and they said it was there policy to do this, the more grain you buy it must be cheaper as they refunded some of the bill to cover this.
Always a quick service and next day delivery but like said unless you order over £100 it’s around £6 delivery

I can see there's a bit of price watching on delivery etc..fair enough we all do.
I like MM as your grain is freshly milled,bagged if you request it and labelled.
...and the writing on the labels, particularly the hops is big enough to read without a magnifying glass unlike one other very popular supplier!

I don't know what I'm going to do now my local shop has closed. I can't always afford to spend £100 at a time, which then makes smaller orders pricey because of the high p and p. He adds VAT onto that £6, so it's actually £7.20.

It's the weight that's the restriction for me. Delivery charge is for a max of 31kg. Take 25 away for a sack of base malt. It doesn't leave a lot for speciality grain and hops. I try and put an order in for my next 5 brews at the one time.
Life's hard:?::laugh8:

Malt Miller tends to be a touch expensive for certain items.

But the selection is fantastic and the customer service is superb - they once sent me the wrong yeast - a quick email to them and I got the correct yeast the next day.

I've just put together an order for malt and hops for my next four brews. £80 from Brew UK or £97 from MM with p and p. Is it really that much better?

Last edited:
In the absence of any other advice, I saved the 20% and put an order in late win Sunday. The parcel arrived first thing Tuesday. I used to be a regular with Malt Miller but I've struggled with prices recently.

Brew2bottle had a shop in Northwich which I used all the time. However they closed about 2 years back and moved to on-line only. Their pricing was good, the only thing I didn't buy was bulk grains.

Latest posts

Back