Malt Miller now using DHL?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Reaction score
My last order from Malt Miller a week ago came via DHL. They gave me a one hour time slot. Three quarters of an hour before the hour time slot started, at an awkward moment for me, the doorbell went. I managed to get to see the driver was about to drive off. He said the parcel was behind the bins. I asked the driver why he was early and he told me he was trying to beat the heat! :roll:

Last edited:

G-Town Brewer

Reaction score
Had my shiny new kettle among other stuff totalling over 200 quid delivered on Wednesday from MM via DHL. As I wasn't going to be in at the time specified, I arranged for it to be delivered on Thursday via the link they sent. I returned home on Wednesday to find a massive box sitting outside my house in full view which had just been left by DHL. The email I got later stated it had been "accepted by me". Not too happy, but luckily it was still there when I got back.

KegThat

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
I find DPD like to smash up the parcels, I think the staff have a sledge hammer which they have a go at. DHL have been much better for us too.

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to balance it up I have had loads of parcels from DPD and never had a problem with their system and in good condition. The only complaint is from the drivers about weight :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

Reaction score
I find DPD like to smash up the parcels, I think the staff have a sledge hammer which they have a go at. DHL have been much better for us too.

I think it's all very area-specific.

I can't fault my local DPD delivery driver. He is by far the friendliest and most helpful of the bunch and I've never had an issue with a parcel he has delivered.

Can't actually remember the last time I received anything from DHL so can't necessarily say how they compare. EVRi (previously Hermes) and Royal Mail on the other hand are pretty poor in comparison.

Last edited:

KegThat

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
I think it's all very area-specific.

I can't fault my local DPD delivery driver. He is bar far the friendliest and most helpful of the bunch and I've never had an issue with a parcel he has delivered.

Can't actually remember the last time I received anything from DHL so can't necessarily say how they compare. EVRi (previously Hermes) and Royal Mail on the other hand are pretty poor in comparison.
Yeah fair enough, sending lots of glass bottles is where it went wrong

Tess Tickle

Knowledge Junkie
Reaction score
I work from home now but my last job was in a DHL warehouse (bloody hard work but I loved it!). I've also worked for Hermes.

Let me tell you this - it doesn't matter which company delivers it - the warehouse workers are always drowning in parcels and you have to often move them out of the way very quickly to make room for more, so they do get knocked about and it can't be helped.