Malt Miller?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
What's going on with Malt Miller? They appear to have had a website redesign, and my login no longer works. Also looks like they aren't doing the bespoke recipe packs any more - does anyone know anything about this?

The main page does say that you need to create a new login. Apparently the recipe builder will be back soon and in the meantime there is a link to legacy recipes at the bottom of the web page.

When I went last week to collect my new fermenter they told me that they tried to put the new website up but it failed. It’s up now and I got this e-mail, today about it.

We are delighted to say our new website has launched. Customers will find mobile browsing, searching and order process is greatly improved.
All customers will need to re-enter their details whilst making their first order. Existing user account details will not work.
Our spanking new recipe generator will be available in just a couple of weeks; it will be more user friendly and have greater functionality. Launching both the new site and the recipe generator at the same time would be a step too far.

Legacy recipes are available to view:-

Click here

If anyone wants it I can post a link for the legacy recipes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I went last week to collect my new fermenter they told me that they tried to put the new website up but it failed. It’s up now and I got this e-mail, today about it.

We are delighted to say our new website has launched. Customers will find mobile browsing, searching and order process is greatly improved.
All customers will need to re-enter their details whilst making their first order. Existing user account details will not work.
Our spanking new recipe generator will be available in just a couple of weeks; it will be more user friendly and have greater functionality. Launching both the new site and the recipe generator at the same time would be a step too far.

Legacy recipes are available to view:-

Click here

If anyone wants it I can post a link for the legacy recipes?

I’ll start a new thread for the legacy recipes.

I use Malt Miller but I did think it was crazy to introduce the new site a week before Christmas. Many people who would have bought bespoke kits to brew over Christmas and a few bits for themselves I am sure will have gone elsewhere :confused:

I use Malt Miller but I did think it was crazy to introduce the new site a week before Christmas. Many people who would have bought bespoke kits to brew over Christmas and a few bits for themselves I am sure will have gone elsewhere :confused:

I did mention that it seemed an oddly timed move when they said about it going live last week.

The old site was reassuringly clunky though! I liked it personally, compared to most of their competitors I found it quite informative in a weird kind of way, the new one's a bit sterile by comparison but actually quite well laid out. Plus points are grain by the 100g, negative for me is the malts need splitting down to base, roasted, adjuncts, etc. Too many malts on one menu, that needs sorting out. Also the little bit of blurb on a malt's individual page could do with being put on the front main menu page instead. Overall I'm sure I'll get used to it, the acid test will be the recipe builder, GEB's is fab, MMs needs to be at least as good or they'll struggle to win back custom. Best things about the recipe builders are fresh crushed grain and not having loads of expensive leftover hops in the freezer, I've got a drawer full does my head in buying 100g when I want 20, the recipe builder saves that, or I use CML for sensible amounts. A generous 8/10 from me :lol:

I looked at Geterbrewed recipe builder for the first time today, it is about as good a format as I could wish for.
I may well give them my order of a good few AG kits in two weeks time.

I looked at Geterbrewed recipe builder for the first time today, it is about as good a format as I could wish for.
I may well give them my order of a good few AG kits in two weeks time.

Their creator is great compared to the old MM one. I haven't ordered from there yet, as they didn't have the malts I needed in stock.

I also have little faith in Royal Mail, and the DPD deliveries are pretty reliable and have live tracking.

But I'd be interested to hear how your experience was

I emailed about the 5x5kg option and he said add a note and they'd do their best .....fine but there used to be a £3 charge for this...also grain amounts. ...start at 500g?? Not 100g...unless I'm mistaken. .which wouldn't be a surprise!

I emailed about the 5x5kg option and he said add a note and they'd do their best .....fine but there used to be a £3 charge for this...also grain amounts. ...start at 500g?? Not 100g...unless I'm mistaken. .which wouldn't be a surprise!

I thought the grain amounts were a minimum of 500g but increments of 100g from there. Unless I read it wrongly which also wouldn't be a surprise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could well be right....it's the 5x5kg is the stickler for me as there's no facility to pay for the service....unless it's now free. I do have a couple of fv without holes in the lid which I bought for malt and which are sealed with heavy duty cling film ..getting it ready bagged would save a load of messing about plus I could put it in the garage instead of hiding it round the house!

I can imagine how helpful it must be. I do custom kits for a similar reason to be honest, don't have the space to store a load of open bags of malt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back