Malted wheat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I’ve seen a video for potato and wheat wine or ‘poor mans brandy’ that’s taken my fancy.

In it he uses malted wheat. So I only make wine from fruit and flowers really, I assume this is a beer thing. Beer means get a Kit for me lol.

So, do you guys know where I can get a lb of malted wheat from for a good price? Because I’m pretty sure it’s not a Tesco thing.

Thanks.

do you guys know where I can get a lb of malted wheat from for a good price?
You can get 500g for £4.50 delivered on ebay. For those of us that buy it as part of a delivery for about a quid a kilo that's a bit ouchy. Does it need the wheat malt for the diastase to convert the potato starch?

You can get 500g for £4.50 delivered on ebay. For those of us that buy it as part of a delivery for about a quid a kilo that's a bit ouchy. Does it need the wheat malt for the diastase to convert the potato starch?
Woah that’s pricey lol, especially when a box of Shredded wheat is like £1.50 lol.

I don’t know the exact mechanics of it, it’s an interesting recipe however, I’ll link you it:

Latest posts

Back