Man dies after attack by seized dog in Huddersfield

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one said wipe the breed out i asked why the pit bull terrier is a banned breed here and the Staffordshire bull terrier isn't? as it says above the breed was bread to fight it shares common ancestors with the bulldog, the American Staffordshire terrier, the American pit bull terrier, and the bull terrier so if that is the case why wasn't the Staffie also banned?

No one has answered my question.
I think you'll find pms67 did on 14/10/16. To be fair this was the first time I'd seen and did'nt notice the date posted but never the less It was said.

My opinion of dogs is that if you can't afford to pay �£100 a year for a license then you should not have one.This may deter some of the people who really can't afford to look after a dog but is not the full answer. I reckon there are certain breeds that should not be allowed as household pets as you cannot guarantee even with proper support and attention that they will not revert to kill mode.

this just wont work. only honest people would pay for a dog licence.
look at the tv licence for instance.

I think you'll find pms67 did on 14/10/16. To be fair this was the first time I'd seen and did'nt notice the date posted but never the less It was said.

I now see why you were so mad.

this just wont work. only honest people would pay for a dog licence.
look at the tv licence for instance.

If by law you had to carry the licence at all times when out with the dog and the money from the licence paid for dog wardens like we used to have before all the council cuts it could, it might also put a stop to these dirty bastards who let their dogs **** on the pavement as i assume anyone willing to pay £100 a year is not going to be the type of person who would do this.

If by law you had to carry the licence at all times when out with the dog and the money from the licence paid for dog wardens like we used to have before all the council cuts it could.

it wouldn't. the old licence didn't work. only genuine people paid.
the councils haven't the recourse to enforce it and the police cannot do it too. its a farce.

I read the article below on the BBC site earlier and as its another Staffordshire bull terrier i did a little research apparently they are the second most likely dog to attack after the Jack Russell terrier, why is the pit bull terrier a banned breed here and the Staffordshire bull terrier isn't?

People defend them by saying its the owner not the dog but these were killed by their own dogs.

_95371280_mediaitem95371279.jpg

This happened just down the road from me.

yes i do see you point Chippy-Tea but only honest people would pay. you can have all the wardens you want it will not stop the scroats from keeping these dogs. if laws worked there should be no pitbulls left in this country, they would all of died out by now yet the county is awash with them. the police cannot get on top of the problem and lets face it they should have better things to do than chase a dog owners.

I will have to take your word on that as i cannot honestly say i have ever seen a dog and thought that looks like a pit bull, maybe its because we don't live in a city and we don't need evil looking dogs on chains as a bodyguard.

No one said wipe the breed out i asked why the pit bull terrier is a banned breed here and the Staffordshire bull terrier isn't? as it says above the breed was bread to fight it shares common ancestors with the bulldog, the American Staffordshire terrier, the American pit bull terrier, and the bull terrier so if that is the case why wasn't the Staffie also banned?

No one has answered my question.

I did answer the question. They're not banned because they're loving family pets.

I did answer the question. They're not banned because they're loving family pets.

I bet Mario Perivoitos would have said the same about his Staffy, unfortunately his loving pet for some reason tore his wind pipe open and killed him.

that has a lot to do with it and the fact their one of the most popular dog breeds in the county. not to forget the Kennel club and the show fraternity.
the american pitbull was not a kc registered breed which also had a huge influence on the outcome.

I agree geetee a licence would be a start, why do people want these types of dog in the first place the answer for a certain section of dog owners is the fear factor,

Cos they have a small penis and think they're 'ard nuts when they know they are not. I'm not referring to the vast majority of responsible owners but the bald-headed, tattoo-festooned,back-to-front baseball hat wearing knuckle-draggers who call everyone 'bruv'...

The most mischievous thing my dog does is eat grain from the compost then poo it out all over the house. Wouldn't be without my little brew dog though and you can shove a license up yours as far as i'm concerned, why should i have to pay for a license to cover the people who can't train their dogs correctly ?

Latest posts

Back