Man drove without licence for more than 70 years

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't 50 years, it was 70 years.
He's never had a licence, so he couldn't apply to have it extended !!
I know he couldn't apply for a licence as he had not got one I was saying he had committed the further offence on top of not having a licence!!!

Don't know about cars but it's a proven fact that in the US states that repealed the compulsory helmet law saw motorcyclist deaths fall as a result. (riding a motorcycle without a helmet is really scary!)
Cyclists who wear helmets also tend to have more accidents as they give you a feeling of safety.
Maybe we should get rid of seat belts in cars. They must be causing lots of excess deaths and injuries.

Maybe we should get rid of seat belts in cars. They must be causing lots of excess deaths and injuries.

I have a feeling if the wearing of seatbelts was banned tomorrow accidents would reduce significantly for a while for the same reason @Cwrw666 has described above, people would feel very insecure not being strapped in and their driving habits would change for the better as they did in my no road markings post earlier.

We have checkpoints, police at the side of the road looking at cars to see if the driver isn't wearing a seatbelt. They've a big sign next to them about safety or what have you. It's mostly to drum up awareness for wearing seatbelts.
It always feel weird riding by one of those checkpoints on my motorcycle. Strange world.

Damn! When we registered our car in Fort Wayne we paid a little under $300 for a year.
Here in Arizona, our insurance is about $700/yr full coverage & two tiers up from minimum. A bit lower than when we were in California. Although my motorcycle insurance went up.

Side note: I wear a helmet not because it's scary without it (it's rather freeing to go without), but because the cage-drivers don't look for bikes. No traffic on the open desert road, helmet is strapped to the back.

Here in Arizona, our insurance is about $700/yr full coverage & two tiers up from minimum. A bit lower than
2.5 months worth of insurance for me.
Helmets are like car seatbelts to me--they make more sense than not. I compared with and without a seatbelt, statistically, when I was learning to drive and didn't give it a second thought.
under $300 for a year
hurts my soul. basically, 1/12th of what I pay. And did I mention that it's an '09, obviously owned, generously worth $3K plus zero points on either of our records.
I could do something with $3,300 saved.

Latest posts

Back