Man flu & home brew !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theskipper1

Reaction score
Hi I have had one hell of a week in work and the worst man flu to boot so my dilemma is do I stick with the hot ribena and paracetamol Or go with a curry and a couple of pints of my lovely home brew , or three what do we think its a serious question if slightly stupid maybe ....
Cheers Steve

I don't wish to alarm you, but it is worth considering that your Man Flu might be something much more serious. Therefore, play it safe and enjoy that Curry and a few brews. Why not go the next step and enjoy a nice Whisky chaser...just in case :)

I live a boilermaker, but with stout instead of lager. A shot glass of nice bourbon dropped into a pint of stout. Amazing when your ill.

I live a boilermaker, but with stout instead of lager. A shot glass of nice bourbon dropped into a pint of stout. Amazing when your ill.

That's terminated a link for me. I didn't realise that was a boilermaker! I had a Brains Brewery Beer called Boilermaker a Year or so back, which had a Bourbon influence. Lovely beer. Not seen it since. :thumb:

That's terminated a link for me. I didn't realise that was a boilermaker! I had a Brains Brewery Beer called Boilermaker a Year or so back, which had a Bourbon influence. Lovely beer. Not seen it since. :thumb:

That sounds good, I'll have to look out for that.

Glad to be of assistance. You want to get all over them. Tremendous things. Not for the faint hearted though.

I don't wish to alarm you, but it is worth considering that your Man Flu might be something much more serious. Therefore, play it safe and enjoy that Curry and a few brews. Why not go the next step and enjoy a nice Whisky chaser...just in case :)

Hell that made me perk up a bit .. so the brew it is then just poured my self a pint now
Any way you cant eat curry with Ribena
Many thanks Steve

On a serious note, I always take Ringtons Lemon, Ginger & Ginseng tea with a couple of paracetamol when I have a cold or flu. Much better and cheaper then Lemsip.

I'm struggling with this too. That can only mean one thing. It's time for a hot toddy!

Latest posts

Back