Man size.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although all this brand name sexist moaning is (to me) nonsense it does make me wonder why they would call it a "Gentleman’s Smoked Chicken Caesar Roll" in the first place.

I thought it was because it contained 'Gentleman's Relish'? Although, don't tell the Woke brigade that or their Twitter shock troops will be after that as well.

I wonder if all companies will bow to this nonsense and automatically rebrand or will some grow some balls and refuse?
I object to the term grow some balls.
Phallocentic manocratic genitaliist hate speech

More sexist institutions that must be changed immediately:
NBA (use of "ball")
MLB (use of "ball")
NFL (same)
I think also tearing down any suggestive structures and rebuilding so they don't remind anyone of you-know-what would be prudent.
Note: In seriousness, there are actual problems that aren't funny and should be addressed but product names aren't included.

I actually consider myself a humanist, and include feminism under that umbrella, but also include been a masculinist under this too, as in I believe in true equality (and I still hold the door for PEOPLE, including for women). Nonsense like this though isn't about equality, it's about a petty attempt by a small minority who seeks power rather than equality. It does more harm to real feminism than good.

David from US, just for lols, regarding Ladybirds.... You know that they aren't bugs right? Bugs have piercing mouth parts (think assassin bugs), ladybirds are beetles, they have biting mouth parts... So, if we are going to remove lady from the name, AND be correct, we're going to have to change the common name to something like spotty beetle thingy... ;) Or, here's an idea, polka dot beetle... Nice and simple that.... Until some dance instructor objects to our using the word polka..... Or people called Dorothy (of either gender...)..... Or Apple music try to take us to court.....:laugh8:

Hmmmm! Just come home from the H........ parliament, held every Saturday. We are of the opinion that anyone who can take offense at "Man sized tissues" should be shot at dawn - along with supporters of delivery companies called HERmes (should be Theirmes), along with adverts for sanitary towels alongside pictures only EVER of WOMEN! It really is time that people accept that women and blokes are different.

@ AdeDunn - you are just soooo right!

They can't even get things right when advertising women's clothes...next time the good lady drags you round the ladies underpants department look at the labels...it's the same size same bird on all the labels...even the fat sizes! Now that is misleading and should be illegal! It should have a disclaimer like a tin of beans...illustration only or serving suggestion....

Hmmmm! Just come home from the H........ parliament, held every Saturday. We are of the opinion that anyone who can take offense at "Man sized tissues" should be shot at dawn - along with supporters of delivery companies called HERmes (should be Theirmes), along with adverts for sanitary towels alongside pictures only EVER of WOMEN! It really is time that people accept that women and blokes are different.

@ AdeDunn - you are just soooo right!

As a Pagan, I object strongly to the name of a Greek/Roman (HE was both after all) been used as the name of a rather rubbish delivery company.... I mean, as the messenger of the gods, I'm sure that he was probably rather good at his job, which is something you probably can't say for most MyHermes drivers.... lol That's the thing though, nobody gives a **** when a Pagan gets offended about something (probably because we're usually just taking the ****...), I mean, the press still insist on using the name of a major Kemetic goddess as the name for a frickin' terrorist group ffs!!! Feminists are upset about mansized tissues, meanwhile the buggers are using the name of a goddess to describe a bunch of murdering ass hats!!! Shish...

My point been, people are getting offended about the wrong things, they really are.

As to women's clothes, yeah there's something to be offended about! At least when us chaps read a size on the label we can be sure the size on the label is the size we're getting! Women it's a game of ruddy clothing roulette! It might be that size, or more like between 3 to 6 sizes smaller.... But that's ok, at least they're re-branded that box of tissues... Me, I reckon they should have taken the more prosaic approach to their objection, and taken it to advertising standards!!! As in, hold one up next to the smallest man they can find, nope not man sized at all, so clearly the a lie then! Not man sized at all!!! ;) Oh, for the record, I blow my nose on toilet roll, like most normal people surely? Aren't boxes of tissues a bit posh and leave you with a hand full of snot anyway? :laugh8:

I do hope you are of bohemian origin, or that's cultural appropriation! Boooooo! Etc etc.

:laugh8:

I learned something recently buddy when my mum started looking into her side of the family tree... That been that my origins are muddier than a field at Glastonbury..... :laugh8: The one thing we are certain of is that at some point we have ancestors who owned a farm in the peak district (so yeah, muddy fields...).... ;) As to my dad's side, the gods alone know... Literally all of his families paperwork vanished without trace, he doesn't even know the names of his great grandparents... ashock1:laugh8:

David be careful if you do any beers swaps with members... Find out if "snot rockets! are added pre or post boil.
UGH! Thanks for a mental image I won't soon forget.
No beer swaps for me though there could be an exception.

But menstruation is not just for women see https://www.tonithetampon.com/wearemenstruators please don't click if you have any faith in the worlds sanity.
Men struation -- witty example. Did not read hyperlink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back