Mango ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recipe for 22L if you want it stronger do 19L this came out at 4.2%
water was changed to 'balanced' type from london hard water (beersmith3)
4kg pale malt (maris otter)
0.91kg crystal malt 15L
0.45kg munich Malt
0.2kg carapils
mash at 66c
sparge at 76c
60 min boil
0.25kg lactose sugar (add to boil)
21g Magnum boil 60 min
25g Mosaic 5mins

white labs wlp001
25g citra dry hop 7 days
25g mosaic dry hop 7 days

450g puree mango (tin bought from local indian shop) make sure it has no added sugar enhancers etc , allow acidic stabiliser

puree thrown in with dry hop bag
wait for second fermentation has finished and i bottled it with 126g table sugar

hi there...do you have the recipe please. many thankings
0.91kg crystal malt 15L
0.45kg munich Malt
0.2kg carapils
mash at 66c
sparge at 76c
60 min boil
21g Magnum boil 60 min
25g Mosaic 5mins

white labs wlp001
25g citra dry hop 7 days

450g puree mango (tin bought from local indian shop) make sure it has no added sugar enhancers etc , allow acidic stabiliser

wait for second fermentation has finished and i bottled it with 126g table sugar
sorry just seen this. doh. I will get coat...

0.91kg crystal malt 15L
0.45kg munich Malt
0.2kg carapils
mash at 66c
sparge at 76c
60 min boil
21g Magnum boil 60 min
25g Mosaic 5mins

white labs wlp001
25g citra dry hop 7 days

Hi Torshon
Thinking I need to make this
Can you confirm 60 min mash
When do you add lactose
and what’s allow acidic stabiliser
Apologies if this is all basics athumb..

I suppose there's always a bit of risk of infection putting raw fruit in a beer. When I made a cherry saison earlier in the year, I felt a lot more confident about using frozen cherries straight out of the freezer than fresh ones. Mango pulp might be cheaper, too?

Now you've made me think I should go for a Saison rather than pale ale!

I was thinking of cutting the mango into small cubes, then freezing before use. Pulp from JS/Tesco/Waitrose etc all seems to contain stuff like "Kesar Mangoes (95%), Sugar Syrup, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid" - but does that not matter?

Last edited:
With mango, that shouldn't be a problem! My favourite fruit, but it can be messy.
A pinafore might be in order (I wear one when mashing anyway).
Right tomorrow it is. Ive bashed the mango upand its in a bag. 300grams of pulp. I have Chinook and cascade to use up. So its going to be a total freestyle

just brewed the mango pale ale again, using verdant ale yeast for a change, will be dry hopping azacca next week with the 500g fresh mango which i will heat to 77c to kill any bacteria and whack it in the fermenter for a few weeks before bottling

just brewed the mango pale ale again, using verdant ale yeast for a change, will be dry hopping azacca next week with the 500g fresh mango which i will heat to 77c to kill any bacteria and whack it in the fermenter for a few weeks before bottling
So should I consider heating mine up to 77c or just throw it in frozen? I hadn't considered dry hopping.

Latest posts

Back