Mango style recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just use your favourite Ipa tropical hops and add mango chunks to the Fv after initial fermentation has died down a little. I use the frozen ones from Aldi it will give the haze and the mango taste.

Mango lassi IPA. A friend has brewed this a couple of times. The best results was with fresh mango chunks. He tried pulp but it was to bitter

the Aldi Mango is fresh chunks that have been frozen and do a good job, you can always add a little lactose to back sweeten if you want a slightly sweeter version

I've just jotted that down..he says 2kg of mango but only adds 1kg..(I think!)
Does he actually transfer to secondary for mango addition? Would it matter if it was added without transferring?
What vols if co2 for bottling?

You can just add the mango to the fermentor once it's finished. Just rough up the mango in the bag to release some of the juices.

I've just jotted that down..he says 2kg of mango but only adds 1kg..(I think!)
Does he actually transfer to secondary for mango addition? Would it matter if it was added without transferring?
What vols if co2 for bottling?
Hi Clint I added 2KG of the mango plus a dry hop, the main hops used were Cascade, Chinook, Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe . The Mango was added after 3 days and the dry hop after 5 days the total hops were 179g of which 104 of them was the dry hop and left in till the 12 day. You do need to put the mango ideally in a very large bag or you will lose a lot of liquid when you try to remove the mango ( you can also squeeze the bag to add more flavour and to remove as much liquid as poss) Ps this was a 23ltr brew

I added it to the main FV but you can secondary it if you want and I would think the volumes should be about 2.5 also if you are interested I have done a Rhubarb IPA which is very good by doing the same and using a 2.8kg tin of rhubarb (a catering tin from Booker). All these can be sweetened with Lactose if you prefer a sweeter taste

I just put it in a bag so as I could squeeze it to get as much juice and beer back in the FV. I would think you could just rack on top of the mango and I would think it would sink so do whichever is easiest

Made a recipe on beersmith called mango milk APA if anyone's interested, have added 250g of lactose to sweeten up, I assume not to much maybe a little high? When I did a choc milk stout I added 500g but have lowered it to adjust for mangos natural sweetness, will order probably tomorrow and brew next Friday not the 14th!

I think I used slightly less Lactose but if you add it at the bottling/kegging stage you can add and adjust to suit your taste. I did transfer into a secondary so there was very little trub/yeast and added the Lactose to this being very careful of splashing or oxidising

You can yes just add to taste but be careful as what tastes alright initially can taste too sweet once you start quaffing it

Latest posts

Back