Mango wine - please help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8561C25A-22EC-493E-9AF6-5F00B982A2CF.jpeg

I visited the Mango Place and got drunk, drinking the wine and eating frozen Jack fruit. Haven't touched it since but I do love spicey mango chutney, I made that last year when the mango's were in season.
https://themangoplace.com.au/

Looks like an awesome place, wow! Long journey for me though for a bit of mango! sick...

Just be patient and put it away at a constant temperature for a month and then check back in with a gravity reading.
If it's behaved and fermented out, rack it off to a clean demijohn leaving all the fruit puree and dead yeast behind and leave it another month before even contemplating bottling.
If it hasn't behaved, then there are ways to rescue it and get it restarted.

Wine is the 'long game', accept that and it'll all work out.

So the mango wine has finished fermenting. Took 17 days in all. Finished at 0.992. I have racked off into an old (sterilised) water bottle and de-gassed. Added finings this morning and seems to be clear already. Took three hours to get to this. Will add picture below. I’m amazed! I used the young’s one. Will leave it until tomorrow to be sure it’s completely done then I’ll rack again to storage vessel. (5L kilner jar with a tap).

So @Tony Palmer you were asking how it tastes? It’s like a white wine with a hint of mango on the finish. Took a little sample and popped a bit of sugar in. It’s actually really nice, I’m really surprised. Definitely looks better now it’s in the storage vessel too. I’ve stored it in my downstairs loo which is currently 8 degrees. Gonna leave it a couple of weeks before I give it to my DIL.

01242201-0659-4D82-AD73-C2FE25891B8B.jpeg

Latest posts

Back