Mango wine - please help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So @Tony Palmer you were asking how it tastes? It’s like a white wine with a hint of mango on the finish. Took a little sample and popped a bit of sugar in. It’s actually really nice, I’m really surprised. Definitely looks better now it’s in the storage vessel too. I’ve stored it in my downstairs loo which is currently 8 degrees. Gonna leave it a couple of weeks before I give it to my DIL.

View attachment 38623
That looks more invitingathumb..

Just wanted to share a photo of my finished cherry wine, that I started at the same time as the mango one. This is definitely nicer but a little potent! Hopefully she’ll be pleased with it!

CCA1C295-C96E-4969-8D61-6DAFFE554E61.jpeg

Looks lovely Lisa - did you post the recipe?

I don't think I did. It was my first go at fruit wine along with the mango so I didn't really know what I was doing. But here is what is in it:-

3kg dark sweet cherries (frozen)
1.9kg dextrose
1 litre of 'Cherry good' fruit juice drink
1 campden tablet
1 1/2 tsp pectolase

topped up to about 8L with water.

I've messed about with it too much so only ended up with 4.5L ish. But that's ok.

I didn't have a clue about tannin or citric acid so didn't use those. (Still don't, need lessons!) :laugh8:

I've worked out it's around 14.4% ABV.

Last edited:
I've still a country fruit wine on the left and a banana wine on the right that need racking.
The killer dispensers are a great job.
View attachment 38783View attachment 38784View attachment 38786

I love them, they look so classy and the glass makes the wine shine! Only trouble is one of mine has started leaking ugh! Blinking thing! I find anything with a tap tends to do that. I once had a brewing bucket with a tap on and that used to do it too! FML 🤦‍♀️ 😂

I love them, they look so classy and the glass makes the wine shine! Only trouble is one of mine has started leaking ugh! Blinking thing! I find anything with a tap tends to do that. I once had a brewing bucket with a tap on and that used to do it too! FML 🤦‍♀️ 😂
Have you over tightened it by any chance because at room temp it may seem ok but when chilled down the seal may shrink slightly allowing liquid to pass.
When I'm cleaning after use I dismantle them and reverse the seal each time but ensure not to over tighten and stick them in the fridge with tepiid water checking for leaks prior to use.

Have you over tightened it by any chance because at room temp it may seem ok but when chilled down the seal may shrink slightly allowing liquid to pass.
When I'm cleaning after use I dismantle them and reverse the seal each time but ensure not to over tighten and stick them in the fridge with tepiid water checking for leaks prior to use.

Thank you, great advice! To be honest I may have been a bit of an idiot and it’s probably my fault. I bought two of them brand new to give as presents and just cleaned and sterilised them without checking the seal at all. My bad 🤦‍♀️

Thank you, great advice! To be honest I may have been a bit of an idiot and it’s probably my fault. I bought two of them brand new to give as presents and just cleaned and sterilised them without checking the seal at all. My bad 🤦‍♀️
That's how we all learn by making mistakes👍

Thank you LED ZEP, great tip. Will bear that in mind for my other one which I haven’t opened yet. The husband has found that on this one, it’s not the seal that’s leaking, it’s the actual tap, so looks like I have a faulty one. Grrr!

I'd drop them an email, they're a company that should care about quality (they charge enough compared to unbranded products) so I'd be surprised if they didn't send a replacement tap.

Back