Mango wine - please help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you post a picture of the tap assembly in the order you put it together and check each side of the hole as there maybe a shard or small blob of glass as I seen one like that in the same store.

I will have a look shortly. We didn’t assemble it, it came ready assembled.

edit: just dis-assembled and re-assembled exactly the way it was. I’m leaving it for a while now with a small dish underneath it to see what happens. It normally leaks about a tbsp a day.

Last edited:
Hi Lisa.
Taps whilst they seem a good upfront solution are in fact harbingers of unwanted bacteria.
Sorry to be a bit "old school" but nothing beats the old siphon when transferring wines.

The DIL was chuffed with her wine - she said it was the nicest thing she'd ever tasted (bless her!). I didn't think it was mango-ey enough so I added another 500g frozen mango in secondary and let it sit in the fridge for about 10 more days. It's now all polished off! It really was good after the second mango addition and I do think adding fruit in secondary gives me the flavour I'm looking for. Lesson learned!

The DIL was chuffed with her wine - she said it was the nicest thing she'd ever tasted (bless her!). I didn't think it was mango-ey enough so I added another 500g frozen mango in secondary and let it sit in the fridge for about 10 more days. It's now all polished off! It really was good after the second mango addition and I do think adding fruit in secondary gives me the flavour I'm looking for. Lesson learned!

Have your 100th like. ;)

Back