Mangrove Jack Brut IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished off my keg of this, was my first try at a 'big' brew after a few ones done in the Pinter and was ok-ish, I think the 'ish' was probably down to my mess-ups, I accidentally dropped half the hops in at the beginning of fermentation when trying to jerry rig something with bags and magnets!

It remained cloudy for a few weeks but the keg cleared reasonably for the last gallon or so. Was very 'brut', fermented out to 1.004 from an initial 1.052, with a pretty bitter finish (possibly from the 1/2 pack of hops sitting in it for too long!), it had less of a hopped aroma than I would have liked from an IPA and a definite twang of 'home-brew' but it was drinkable, my lad enjoyed it anyway (mind you he'll drink any old **** as long as it's cheap!!).

A lot of folk seem to rave about Mangrove Jack kits. I did the juicy IPA a while back, it has an overriding tang, not citrus. something I can't pinpoint. I did pitch the yeast at maybe a too high a temp, 26.5 oC and have to restart it.
I have a pink grapefruit IPA on the go now, see how that goes, if this doesn't live up to expectation, then it's back to Festival razorback, which has been one of the best kits I've done.

I’ve done the Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA twice, Juicy Session IPA, Bavarian Wheat beer and Irish Red Ale and all were fantastic. My favorite is the Pink Grapefruit IPA. The Quality of the Mangrove Jacks kits and end results are very good. I’m doing the Juicy Session IPA again next, then a Mangrove Jacks Craft Series Australian Pale Ale.

After that I will be sticking on a Festival Razorback IPA.

Latest posts

Back