Mangrove Jack M29 French Saison Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi just done my first Saison for a change and have not used this yeast before. The instructions say to ferment at 26c ish and ramp up at the end is suggested by other users has anybody on this forum used this before?

I have used that strain but it was a long time ago. I definitely wouldn't have been brave enough to start the fermentation as high at 26 degrees. I'd be inclined to start it off as normal ale temps, say 18-20, let it free rise and start pushing it toward 26 and above after 48 hours if it wasn't getting their of it's own accord.

Hi just done my first Saison for a change and have not used this yeast before. The instructions say to ferment at 26c ish and ramp up at the end is suggested by other users has anybody on this forum used this before?

yup used it a few times. you get different amounts of saisony-ess the hotter you ferment. At 20-22 there's much less saison character.

I am going to pitch @26c and try to maintain it around that figure if possible. Seems to be that the higher the more esters are achieved

Well I have pitched it chaps at 25C and put it near a radiator and wrapped with towels to keep the temp up. A brew fridge is required sometime this year me thinks

Back