Mangrove Jack Roasted Stout kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen1546

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi

Im making this roasted stout kit, you have options to use either dextrose brewing sugar or malt enhancer, i opted for malt enhancer of which you put in 1.2kg.

The instructions, which i know can be quite generic talks about putting in carb drops instead of priming sugar, i know that stouts are mostly flat i think?. (im quite new to this). Does anyone know if i should put carb drops into this brew?. I used to drink original Guiness which had a bit of a fizz to it and in wondering if this kit is similar.

Any advice would be really appreciated as im only around 2/3 days away from bottling.

Cheers

Stevie

Hi

I did a St Peters cream stout recently (thread in forum) and put a single Coopers drop in half my bottles and two drops in the other half.
The single drop bottles have no head but have a nice fizz on the palate; not too sparkly.
The two drop ones provide a thin head and a bit more sparkle which settles out nicely once poured.
Both are enjoyable. Oh and these are in 500ml bottles.
Hope this helps a bit.

Latest posts

Back