Mangrove Jack's Australian Brewers Series - Gold Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bort

Reaction score
Getting ahead of myself given the rubbish weather today so thought I'd brew 40 pints of Mangrove Jack's Australian Brewers Series Gold Lager with a view to bottling it at the end of the month all ready for drinking in the late-spring/early-summer.

The kit was simple to brew and the malt extract pouch rather than a can was easy enough to get in to the fermentation vessel. I added 1kg of Coopers Beer Enhancer No.2 with the O.G. taken at 1042 with an F.G. target of 1006 this should give a lager of 4.7% ABV.

As usual, I'll post up my progress but has anyone else had good result with this kit from the renowned manufacturer?

So I brewed this beer on 10/03/21 and after ten days in the fermentation vessel we reached a steady F.G. of 1014 which gives a beer strength of 3.7% so a fair bit short of what I was expecting so I'm not sure why that may be.

I bottled the ale in to the usual 500ml PET bottles and used two carbonation drops - a technique I am using for the first time after several frustrations getting consistent amounts of sugar granules in to damp bottles!

The bottles will now sit in the house for a fortnight before being moved to the cooler garage for a few weeks before being cracked open.

Back