Mangrove Jacks Berliner style Sour Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was surprised a the lack of Chat or YouTube clips about this kit so am giving it a whirl.

Started this 23l kit on Bank Holiday Monday, because I had time available.
Liked the flavour of the extract, lactic sourness, looking forward to the brew.
As much as there are positives to Mangrove Jacks dual pouch system my big dislike is having to open the pack to remove the yeast so you can warm the LME to get it all out the pouch. Just seems wrong putting the pouch in a pan and pouring a kettle full of boiling water over the pouch to warm up for 15 minutes with a pack of yeast inside.
The kit asks for 600g dextrose but I used 300g of Dextrose and the same of extra light pale DME because.....

Given how warm a day it was it did take 3 hours sat in the sink to bring it down to 24C to allow pitching with the supplied Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat Yeast M20. SG1.033 which is about target for achieving 3.6%. Yeast described as a top fermentor. Went to bed and the lid was building pressure. By morning it had blown off. The top of the quiet bubbler has been projected somewhere around the kitchen, yet to be found. Now sat there bubbling frantically.

Now just leave it to do its thing.

Latest posts

Back