Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffinthewilds

Regular.
Reaction score
Just brewed this Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale kit, and apart from it being more black than red, it's turned out amazing, brewed down in a week with temp control and even though its only been kegged a week, it's by far the best I have produced, great depth of flavour and a really nice drink, give it a go, think you will love it

Attachments

• DSC_0643.JPG
    DSC_0643.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 94
I have this bottled a couple of weeks now and conditioning in my garage. Looking forward to trying it out in a few weeks.

Had my first taste last night. It is absolutely fantastic. Really nice malty flavour. I was hoping it would be like Smithwicks but it is actually nicer. Yes I completely agree, this is a cracking pint and well worth giving it a go. I shared 2 bottles of it with a friend last night. I’ve 36 bottles left.

Attachments

• 2ED62FFC-1617-4238-9A96-BF3EF1608C33.jpeg
    2ED62FFC-1617-4238-9A96-BF3EF1608C33.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 54
Had my first taste last night. It is absolutely fantastic. Really nice malty flavour. I was hoping it would be like Smithwicks but it is actually nicer. Yes I completely agree, this is a cracking pint and well worth giving it a go. I shared 2 bottles of it with a friend last night. I’ve 36 bottles left.
Did you use the Mangrove Jacks LME with this one? I made the Irish Red Ale with brewing sugar as that is all I had at the time. It had a harsh taste which was disappointing as I was so looking forward to this one after reading the reviews.

Did you use the Mangrove Jacks LME with this one? I made the Irish Red Ale with brewing sugar as that is all I had at the time. It had a harsh taste which was disappointing as I was so looking forward to this one after reading the reviews.
Hello. I used 1.5Kg of Liquid Malt Extract from Get Er Brewed. It was nice, was very dark in colour. It’s nice to have a change from IPA’s etc.

Smithwick's? Caffery's what planet are you from? Would not cross the road for either! Thought it looked quite interesting but perhaps not

Smithwick's? Caffery's what planet are you from? Would not cross the road for either! Thought it looked quite interesting but perhaps not
I love Smithwicks. If I’m in a boozer that’s my favourite. Not for you obviously 😂

Back