Mangrove Jacks Irish Stout February Giveaway

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's no sign that this has been drawn yet and somehow I missed it when it was originally posted so....

Count me in please! 😁

Morning Guys..

I hope everyone is well? I know we had planned to announce the winners yesterday but we definitely didn't forget until this morning.............

We have two winners which are...

@jeg3
@Markk

If you want to fire me through a message chaps with all your details we will have those sent out to you right away.. If you could also be so generous to share feedback with us on taste and brewing experience etc we would be very appreciative of that.

Congrats.

Congrats guys! Going to have to go and order the kit myself now!

Morning Guys..

I hope everyone is well? I know we had planned to announce the winners yesterday but we definitely didn't forget until this morning.............

@jeg3
@Markk

If you want to fire me through a message chaps with all your details we will have those sent out to you right away.. If you could also be so generous to share feedback with us on taste and brewing experience etc we would be very appreciative of that.

Congrats.

Well, what can I say? Really made up with that, thank you @Brew2bottle Homebrew. Will drop you a PM with my address and will definitely leave feedback.

I was just about to cancel my subscription to the Postcode Lottery having not had a sniff in nearly two years but will probably leave it a bit now seeing as my luck seems to be in 🍻

Morning Guys..

@jeg3
@Markk

Congrats.
Brilliant, thank you!

I never have much luck with competitions, so this has made my day.

I'll have to amend my brew schedule to fit it in. It's been a while since I made a stout, so now I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks @Brew2bottle Homebrew !

Anyone made this kit? I have one on way from BTB.

My MJ Dry Irish Stout (also from B2B) is now eight days in FV.

Currently trotting along nicely. Will report back on progress.

Nice one,did you use the beer enhancer or lme /similar

Used MJ Beer Enhancer 2, which B2B were offering at half usual price. So total kit price for both worked out about same as for a Festival kit.

Achieved OG of 1.046. I'm expecting target FG of around 1.009 (which I think should deliver the advertised 5% ABV).

FV's been at a pretty constant 20degC since pitching. Initial lag phase short with airlock activity apparent within about 6 hours.

Fermentation went nuclear for a couple of days pushing krausen through airlock. So I upgraded airlock to blow-off tube. It's now steady, so back to airlock.

Expect I'll test in next few days once bubbling activity slows right down, and if SG at or around 1.015 will dry hop for last 5 days in FV.

I'll bulk prime for bottles. Probably with about 80-100g dextrose, aiming for carb of around 2.0 vol CO2 (but not properly worked that out yet).

Last edited:
I bought the dark lme.Will be good to get your Feed back.Will start mine after the Wilko not feeling so Hoppy ale ferments.

Also bought the kit and [on offer] beer enhancer 2 from brew2bottle. I was considering chucking some treacle in there or finishing with some peanut flavouring but I think, first time round, I'll go with the as recommended recipe.

I've got a lager in the Fermenter King at the moment, about 7 days in. Once that's done I'll get the stout on 👍

I'm same,will see how this stout turns out and play around with another at some point.
Used might lme and west coast hops in feeling Hoppy.Going to add 50g of citra hops,all revues say next to no hop flavour/aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back