Mangrove Jack's Juicy session IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.R.S

Reaction score
Hi All
Have had this fermenting for 9 days and the instructions tell you to add the dry hops on day 7 for 3 days if the gravity is below 1.025. The gravity reads 1.011 so I probably should have thrown the hops in but there is a lot of krausen still on top.
Should I wait for everything to drop to the bottom before throwing in hops or just go ahead. My concern is if I do it now the beer will be very cloudy. My plan was to dry hop on Wednesday and bottle Sunday so it would have been 2 weeks in the FV with the hops in for 4 days.
Any advice appreciated as always.

I'm no expert on this subject but I think the recipie is calling for it to be dry hopped for 3 days.

If you are going to bottle Sunday I would dry hop on Thursday.

Shouldn't really matter what stay the krausen is in, however dry hopped beers can tend take a little longer to clear,

Do you cold crash before bottling? If so I would add the hops 3 days befor you plan to cold crash then take them out when you do cold crash.

I normally do mj kits and find they take 21 days to fully finish and i add hops at around 19 days my next kit is juicy cant wait to get it going what temp did u have it at

I normally do mj kits and find they take 21 days to fully finish and i add hops at around 19 days my next kit is juicy cant wait to get it going what temp did u have it at

kept it at constant 20c

Got the kit on and hit recommended fg in 14 days have to say this smells absolutely unbelievable fruity and juicy lol what did yours taste like

Got the kit on and hit recommended fg in 14 days have to say this smells absolutely unbelievable fruity and juicy lol what did yours taste like

Yes this was the best kit so far and absolutely delicious. Really popular with friends.
Unlike other beers, it was totally drinkable after a week in bottle- bonus!
Will definitely be making it again.

What a struggle to get a kit ordered at the moment! Very low stocks everywhere and many only open to online orders at certain times.

With the help of Google, I finally managed to track down a company who had a kit I am happy to try, along with the liquid malt enhancer.

Juicy Session IPA on its way. I won't mention where I bought it as it seemed expensive, but whether these are their normal prices or they're profiteering, I don't know so it's not fair to name them. Will leave a review in the fullness of time.

I was very keen to try this one as well. Just Ordered from Get er brewed for £30 with postage. This includes 1kg beer enhancer as there wasn’t 1.2kg of the LME available - does anyone have an opinion if this will adequately replace the LME?

What a struggle to get a kit ordered at the moment! Very low stocks everywhere and many only open to online orders at certain times.

With the help of Google, I finally managed to track down a company who had a kit I am happy to try, along with the liquid malt enhancer.

Juicy Session IPA on its way. I won't mention where I bought it as it seemed expensive, but whether these are their normal prices or they're profiteering, I don't know so it's not fair to name them. Will leave a review in the fullness of time.
I recently ordered a Young’s American IPA from GEB and a Festival Summer Glory kit from Brew2Bottle, I’m sure they were just over £20 each and both are good kits
I’ve never tried the MJ ones but they sound decent

I was very keen to try this one as well. Just Ordered from Get er brewed for £30 with postage. This includes 1kg beer enhancer as there wasn’t 1.2kg of the LME available - does anyone have an opinion if this will adequately replace the LME?
I've tried it with both and they were really good, I tried it once with amber LME and didn't like it as much but it still went down alright just a tad malty.

Made this kit around 4 times and always been a winner, got one carbing at the moment and one in the FV.

just about to bottle this up, ideally carbed with dextrose rather than bottle drops as I have all 500ml bottles..how much sugar would you recommend? This is only my 3rd brew and the other 2 have lacked slightly with carbing for my preference.

thanks in advance
🍺

.how much sugar would you recommend? This is only my 3rd brew and the other 2 have lacked slightly with carbing for my preference
I use one sugar cube per 500ml PET bottle(direct into the bottle) and leave it around a week to carb at 20C checking the firmness of the bottle and then put it into the fridge to condition for a few days, there are some things that may be different in your set up as I do this to obtain max fiz for how long I'm carbing. I always use a pint glass with an agitator or widget as they were called and never ever,ever put the glass in the dishwasher, I always wash it by hand, no detergents.

Latest posts

Back