Mangrove Jacks M41

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prog99

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is this a slow burner?

Pitched it on my belgium golden ale with an SG of 1074 on the 27th. Brief couple of days vigorous fermentation followed by a consistent bloop out the airlock every few seconds since.No real signs of slowing down.
I'm not concerned at all by the way just wondering if anyone else had seen something similar. Its sitting at 20c and no off smells coming out the airlock.

That would be my experience of M41 - It had still displaced the airlock 3 weeks later, but i bottled it anyway at 1.014 - got 9% beer - lovely it was too.

New to all this, but been using mangrove jacks yeasts. Last brew was a Grapefruit double ipa I used the M42 strong ale yeast. Missus bought me a tilt hydrometer for Xmas and brew started at 1072 og after 3 days seemed to settle at 1016 so I dry hopped and stayed at 1016 for another 4x day’s whilst still bubbling a little through the airlock. I added sugar for carbonation as recommended and it turned out

That would be my experience of M41 - It had still displaced the airlock 3 weeks later, but i bottled it anyway at 1.014 - got 9% beer - lovely it was too.
Thanks, as it happens it was quite fortunate as the keg I had earmarked for it wasn't as empty as I thought. Will take a sample after the weekend and see how it's going.

Decided it had slowed down enough so on checking I got a FG of 1.010. I'm sure it could have gone lower but it tasted so good and thats still 86% attenuation.

Latest posts

Back