Mangrove Jacks pink grapefruit ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazc

Reaction score
Hi, I am just doing this kit right now, just wondering if anyone else has done this and how long did u leave it fermenting?

The instructions and videos I’ve seen said below 1.025 approx 7 days then hop for 2days - to me (I’m very new so excuse my ignorance) that they was bottling when the gravity was approx 1.016 is that not a little high? All my others were around 1.010 before hopping?

For ref I’ve checked mine today day 7 and it’s 1.018 and my starting gravity was 1.047

Hi, I am just doing this kit right now, just wondering if anyone else has done this and how long did u leave it fermenting?

The instructions and videos I’ve seen said below 1.025 approx 7 days then hop for 2days - to me (I’m very new so excuse my ignorance) that they was bottling when the gravity was approx 1.016 is that not a little high? All my others were around 1.010 before hopping?

For ref I’ve checked mine today day 7 and it’s 1.018 and my starting gravity was 1.047

Mine was in the fermenting vessel for 16 days in total. I added the hops 3 days before that. I can't remember what the exact reading was, but I checked the OG on days 14 and 15 and it was done. I then gave it 2 weeks in the warm (20ºC), and 2 weeks in the cold. Then moved to the shed, where it's been for 3 weeks so far. I'm resisting the temptation to try one but will do so in the next couple of weeks!

Mine was in the fermenting vessel for 16 days in total. I added the hops 3 days before that. I can't remember what the exact reading was, but I checked the OG on days 14 and 15 and it was done. I then gave it 2 weeks in the warm (20ºC), and 2 weeks in the cold. Then moved to the shed, where it's been for 3 weeks so far. I'm resisting the temptation to try one but will do so in the next couple of weeks!
Thanks, I’m going to give mine another week then stick the hops in then surely it won’t do it any harm....

No I cant say it does maybe slight similarity in it but no not the same
Elvis juice crossed the line if u ask me it's not beer it's like a fruity fizzy drink I like a bit of bitterness and strong flavour but that's my liking

Latest posts

Back