Mangrove Jack's Pink grapefruit IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of adding 4litres of pink grapefruit juice to my evildog double IPA has anyone ever done this, obviously I will reduce the amount of water added, thank you

I was thinking of adding 4litres of pink grapefruit juice to my evildog double IPA has anyone ever done this, obviously I will reduce the amount of water added, thank you
I haven't added grapefruit juice to this one, but I have added it to a lager.
The grapefruit juice I used had loads of bits in it. The beer didn't clear, but tasted great.
If I were to do it again I'd strain the bottle of grapefruit juice through muslin.

I'm drinking my pimped version now, the one with 3 litres of Tesco fresh grapefruit juice added. According to their label thats the juice from 30 fruit.

Personally I love grapefruit and this certainly delivers on that front, but if I'm honest it far exceeds the fruitiness of Elvis Juice, whereas the MJ version fell a little short. I would suggest 1.5 litres would give a near perfect match.

Thankfully it had no bits to worry about either.

I make a tincture, and it turns out great. 2 red grapefruits. zest the peel on 1 into a sterilised container, then peel the other 1 into the container. Try to avoid the white stuff under the skin, it can be tricky, but well worth it. Then put a couple of measures of vodka into the container, put lid on and swirl about, making sure the vodka covers all the zest, and peel. leave for 2 days in the fridge, swirling every now and then, add to your primary 2 days before barreling. Had some fantastic results with this method..

I was tempted to make a vodka tincture but I wasn't too sure how it would affect the flavour.

I recently steeped a kilo of grated ginger root in vodka for 2 months for an attempt at ginger ale. What I got was an intense sweet ginger flavour but without any of the usual ginger heat. My mates think it tastes of a ginger IPA rather than a ginger ale, somehow it's weird but deliciously refreshing at the same time. Unlike myself, they prefer it to the MJ Pink Grapefruit.

Latest posts

Back