Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve done the above kit in the past and I know it’s similar to the Brewdog Elvis Juice, so I just tried a can or two of the Elvis Juice to see how it differed from my own efforts. The Elvis Juice is a bit more ’grapefruity’ and not as bitter as my efforts. I’m going to be starting off another Mangrove Jacks kit next week and was wondering whether there was anything I could do differently in the preparation, to make it a little more like the Brewdog drink. Don’t get me wrong, my brew is flipping lovely, and goes down far too easily, but I’m just finding that the Brewdog drink hasn’t got the same bitterness and a slightly more subtle grapefruit taste to it. However, the Brewdog cost £5 for 4 x 330Ml cans in Tesco and I’m brewing it at £26 for 40 pints, so please don’t think I’m complaining, because I’m not! I just like experimenting and trying to refine my brews, even though I’ve only been doing it for about two years.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Latest posts

Back