Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit: Secondary fermentation.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve just started off another of the above brews. The last time I did it, I bottled it, as I do with all my brews, adding one carbonation drop to each 500ml bottle. The beer itself was more than fine, but I think it might have been a little under-carbonated, as the head didn’t last too long, and I even used nucleated glasses.

Therefore, for this brew, I’m minded to siphon it into another brew bin, batch prime it and then siphon it into the bottles. My question after all that, is how much sugar, or brewing sugar, should I use for 40 pints? I can’t see any reference to it in the MJ instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Gaz

You can work that out on here
https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/
Maybe shoot for 2.4 vols. If you dissolve the sugar in hot water, leave it to mostly cool down before putting it in your bottling bucket, then syphon the beer on top. I’ve previously just thrown it in hot and it didn’t mix properly and I had really uneven carbonation.

Thank you, that’s useful.

You can work that out on here
https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/
Maybe shoot for 2.4 vols. If you dissolve the sugar in hot water, leave it to mostly cool down before putting it in your bottling bucket, then syphon the beer on top. I’ve previously just thrown it in hot and it didn’t mix properly and I had really uneven carbonation.

I’ve done the Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA twice and can’t wait to do it again. I batch primed with 400ml of hot water and mixed in 120-140g of brewing sugar until dissolved and added it to the bottling bucket before transferring over the beer.

Thank you. I was thinking about roughly 120g myself.

I’ve done the Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA twice and can’t wait to do it again. I batch primed with 400ml of hot water and mixed in 120-140g of brewing sugar until dissolved and added it to the bottling bucket before transferring over the beer.

Back