Mangrove Jack's Rosé Cider Recipe No 10

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Don

Reaction score
Folks,
Bit of advice please, I'm currently doing this kit and the instructions aren't particularly clear which is unusual.
Included in the kit are the usual coder essence, sweetener, and yeast, but there are also two further dry ingredients which are Oak Chips and Hibiscus Flowers and Rose Hips.

The instructions state to add the sweetener and yeast as normal at the beginning but wait for at least 4 days to add any dry hop . I understand this as this is normally the case with beers I brew.

My question is, are the hibiscus flowers and rose Hips and oak chips classed as the hops they're talking about?

Ie. Should i be adding those at the beginning or Class them as the hops and add them at the 4/5 day point?

The instructions do say to add any dry ingredients other than the hops at the beginning so I feel the oak chips should be added at the beginning but I'm still not sure about the flowers and rose Hips .

Any suggestions please?

Latest posts

Back