Mangrove jacks rye ipa extract kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the mangroves jacks grapefruit ipa instead and is just finishing bottle conditioning and a couple in the fridge to try tomorrow, but still very interested in it and the juicy ipa they’ve just released

Just seen this kit and thought... Check the forum.
Did you get to brew this @Elliott 22 ?
I have now purchased along with a few others
The juicy ipa which I will brew in spring
And the Young’s ipa and Cwtch by tiny rebel both in fvs atm and hopefully squeeze the rye ipa in as well before mid November so will be ready Christmas time

I've brewed Mangrove Jack's classic Amarican PA no 11.
I'm very new to home brewing. In fact this is my first home brew in 30 years. Hoping it tastes better than those bad old days.
Wort has come down from 1040 to 1014. I've left it a couple days. There is no discernable change in SG. But it is still bubbling at around once every 2 mins at 22c. So I took the decision to add finings. Switched the heat pad off. It's down to 15c but it still bubbles albeit every 2 mins plus. Is this normal?
I am considering racking, priming & bottling it this evening. Or should I rack it and leave it?

Hi Stockport1
I am in no means an expert, but dependant on how long it has been in the fv I would be tempted to leave it a couple more days. I would imagine you would be looking at a 1010 fg

Thank you all for your advice. I'm new to this. I'm taking it all on board. I'm going to leave it another week. I think I'm suffering from impatience.

Last edited:
It was delicious. Thank you Elliot 22 for asking. My second kit was a Festival Premium Ales kit called Summer Glory with elderflower. It surpassed my Mangrove Jack's IPA. All gone now as is my scrumptious oaked cider. It was Christmas and New Year after all of course.
I now have a Festival Ales Razorback IPA on the go. It has simco, centennial and summit hops as additions. It's a bitter pale ale and very hoppy. Right up my street.
Apologies for not getting back to you all with my new found hobby. Xmas NY and a dose of flu. Too much kissing at NY eve party methinks. But I'm back on all cylinders now. I am so happy with my outcomes compared to my young firefighter days. The results 30 40 years ago were not good. Ingredients and processes have change dramatically. My recent brews I can honestly say were/are as good if not better than I buy in a pub. Very pleased and I'm still only using kits.
Thanks again.
Ps. I've learnt that leaving it in the bottle after initial conditioning is soooooo much better. We live and learn.

Last edited:
Fantastic, glad they have all turned out well.
Sounds like you’ve got the bug, I’ve been looking at the festivals razor back ipa sounds a winner!!!
I’d advise trying the Young’s American ipa it’s the best I’ve done to date

I am so happy with my outcomes compared to my young firefighter days. The results 30 40 years ago were not good. Ingredients and processes have change dramatically. My recent brews I can honestly say were/are as good if not better than I buy in a pub. Very pleased and I'm still only using kits.
You are spot on. The quality of kits, the diversity of homebrewing supplies and equipment available, compared to 30 or 40 years ago is much much improved. If you take hops as one example all you got then was likely to be EKG or Fuggles in a perforated poly bag of unknown quality, compared to a huge choice of hops from all over the world in vac packs.
Its good to know you are enjoying your brewing again in better circumstances as many of us on here are now able to do. athumb..

The results 30 40 years ago were not good. Ingredients and processes have change dramatically. My recent brews I can honestly say were/are as good if not better than I buy in a pub. Very pleased and I'm still only using kits.
Thanks again.
Ps. I've learnt that leaving it in the bottle after initial conditioning is soooooo much better. We live and learn.

I started in 1990. Things have changed a lot. Only resources I had were Zymurgy, the magazine, a couple books, and the guy at the homebrew store.

All the Best,
D. White

Latest posts

Back