Mangrove jacks series pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suffolk Supper

Landlord.
Reaction score
Good afternoon all 🍺
I have purchased the pale ale kit and the instructions given for bottling the beer only gives carbonation drops in bottles , I wish to carbonate using normal sugar in a pressure barrel !
Can Anyone advise how much sugar I should add to the PB ?
many thanks and cheers 👍🍻🍻

Good afternoon all 🍺
I have purchased the pale ale kit and the instructions given for bottling the beer only gives carbonation drops in bottles , I wish to carbonate using normal sugar in a pressure barrel !
Can Anyone advise how much sugar I should add to the PB ?
many thanks and cheers 👍🍻🍻
I use brewing sugar and I go for 4 or 5g per litre. Personal taste. Some go higher than that, some go lower. 100g for a 5 gallon brew is a reasonable starting point I think. Adjust up or down next time. Table sugar requires a bit less.

I use brewing sugar and I go for 4 or 5g per litre. Personal taste. Some go higher than that, some go lower. 100g for a 5 gallon brew is a reasonable starting point I think. Adjust up or down next time. Table sugar requires a bit less.
Thank you clib

I’ve done a few Mangrove Jacks kits and used 180g of brewing sugar mixed and dissolved with 400 ml of hot water in a bottling bucket before transferring over the brew before bottling. It has been perfect for most, however the Pink Grapefruit IPA was a bit too lively. I think 180g is too much though, next time I’ll go with 120-140g.

I’ve done a few Mangrove Jacks kits and used 180g of brewing sugar mixed and dissolved with 400 ml of hot water in a bottling bucket before transferring over the brew before bottling. It has been perfect for most, however the Pink Grapefruit IPA was a bit too lively. I think 180g is too much though, next time I’ll go with 120-140g.
Thank you damienair :beer1:

Latest posts

Back