Mangrove's jack grapefruit pink ipa limited edition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think this is going to be my 2nd brew. I truly adored festivals golden stag and am a huge fan of Elvis juice .

Done two lots, and drank them quicker than than it took to brew. Very nice, got another in my cellar ready to go this week in time for Xmas. Only ever bottled, however.
Personally, I like them to be in the fridge for a couple of hours before pouring; could do with one right now!!!

Good grief!!! Who sells kits where you have to buy extra ingredients?

Is this extra purchase nessisarry?

Which addition tastes better????

I take it I can add any brand dextrose or light malt extract?

Well I'm 8 days into brewing my gf IPA. Hops went in yesterday @ 1.020 as packet stated. Any recommendations how long to dry hop this ? Have in trug, fish tank Heater set up holding 19degresss nicely. I would.like it as grapefruity as possible if that helps!!!!

I think it only took 3 to 4 days for mine to achieve final gravity from when I dry hoped. I kegged it straight away. The taste is great.

"I think", the wort contains some concentrated grape fruit extract. So, the hops might not contribute as much to this as first thought.

Bottled mine two weeks ago and having a sneaky bottle just now. Not as much grapefruit taste as I expected and a bit hoppy but still a good pint. Pleased with it but will give it another few weeks before coming to a conclusion.

Bottled mine two weeks ago and having a sneaky bottle just now. Not as much grapefruit taste as I expected and a bit hoppy but still a good pint. Pleased with it but will give it another few weeks before coming to a conclusion.
Nice one Bob, Ill be into mine soonish, tastes good already just bottled lol, promising!

Sampling my second beer out of this kit just now (it's Friday after 4pm and nearly Xmas so what the hell). Much clearer and nicer now and it's very close to Elvis Juice. I'd say it's the best kit I've made and beats the Youngs IPA kit which was a cracker too. Highly recommended.

Yes opened 1st bottle yesterday great head and carbonation! Not cold.condtioned yet but still delicious! Chuffed with me 1st bottling!!!
IMG_20191225_170919_513.jpg

Back