Manifold - tails to JG fittings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a 4 way gas manifold like the one in the picture below. Is it possible to unscrew and remove the tails, and replace them with some kind of John Guest fitting, or do I need to buy one already like that?

GEB2807.png

Thanks chaps, I was worried about damaging the manifold, but I'll put my big boys pants on and try removing one :D

Did you try this? I'm planning on changing mine to jg fittings also, I'm presuming the size is 3/8 to 1/4 (haven't measured up yet) but my concern was if the thread was the same type. Any joy?

I have one of these on the way (with the jg fittings...!) along with a couple of inline regulators. I thought about mounting these inside the fridge so save drilling multiple holes, and to make the outside tidier, but I'm not sure about how to fix them inside. Is it possible to use self tapping screws in the side walls of the fridge (risk of hitting pipes! 😬), or maybe even glue some mdf or a strip of pine to the inside wall of the fridge? Anyone else tried this? Alternatively, if there's space, I could build something to stand on a fridge shelf. Keen to see what others have done..

Anyone else tried this?

I built a keezer with a collar so fixed my manifold to that so no worries there about potentially damaging the freezer itself. My understanding is that fridges don't have anything important in the side or top panels like coolant lines (all the cooling action goes on in the back) etc, some may have some electrics though.
You could try find some drawings of your model to see how it's been built but for what it's worth I'd just fix a batten to the inside of the fridge and mount your manifold to that. Try using sanitary silicone to fix the batten to the wall of the fridge. Once the manifold is in place you're not going to be putting a lot of force onto it when you're opening the valves or changing lines.

Sounds like a good plan - I didnt think of using the silicone. I usually hate working with it, but I can see it being perfect for mounting in the fridge.

I have one of these on the way (with the jg fittings...!) along with a couple of inline regulators. I thought about mounting these inside the fridge so save drilling multiple holes, and to make the outside tidier, but I'm not sure about how to fix them inside. Is it possible to use self tapping screws in the side walls of the fridge (risk of hitting pipes! 😬), or maybe even glue some mdf or a strip of pine to the inside wall of the fridge? Anyone else tried this? Alternatively, if there's space, I could build something to stand on a fridge shelf. Keen to see what others have done..

I have used self tappers on the inside of my fridge to fit the manifold. Worked perfectly. There were no pipes in the side of my fridge, but I can't promise there won't be in yours.

You can use super strong Velcro/3m stuff to fix battens to the fridge without piercing the plastic or potentially hitting an electric cable. Once you screw the manifolds to the battens it means you can remove/move them without leaving holes in your insulation.

Back