Maple and Blueberry Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could get some stubbies maybe? I've brewed stouts that don't come good for months. By the time it was tasting pretty good I'd almost finished the (20L) batch
That's definately a good idea. I don't have a bottle capper though unfortunately as only use swing tops. They are 330ml's so should get at least 15+ bottled. I never brew larger than 10l batches so I'm used to smaller returns.

I'll put them away and forget after tasting one of each - I have a large supply currently conditioning already thankfully.

I used 1.5 kilo of blackberries in a 21ltr porter and it was a nice slightly more than subtle so you could taste the blackberries. Ps I did not pasteurise as they are frozen and just thawed them and let them get to room temp before adding, I have done this quite few times and never had a problem but belt and braces pasteurising will be 100% sure

I used 1.5 kilo of blackberries in a 21ltr porter and it was a nice slightly more than subtle so you could taste the blackberries. Ps I did not pasteurise as they are frozen and just thawed them and let them get to room temp before adding, I have done this quite few times and never had a problem but belt and braces pasteurising will be 100% sure
Did they float? I meant to puree them beforehand but forgot. Will drop temp to see if they sink but otherwise will bottle from underneath with a syphon

Hi Ben I put them in a BIAB bag and from memory I think they generally were slightly submerged I then squeezed the bag when I removed them and crashed for a couple of days, I put them in the FV after 4 days just after the main ferment had subsided and left for a week, I think it is better to have them submerged as I have read of some people who have put them in after fermentation and with no Co2 being given off in any quantity they have gone mouldy that's why I do it whilst Co2 is still being produced it will form a blanket over the fruit and I have never had a problem

Hmm, yes as soon as I had put them in and realised I hadn't pureed I was concerned. They're in a 5l water bottle so will keep a little pressure with the lid on and release as needed. Fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back