March comp - freestyle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfr42

Landlord.
Reaction score
It's rolled around to my next judging effort, sorry I've not added more to the forum in between.

March is to be a freestyle month so looking forward to the entries that weren't quite ready and somethings a little bit different. Pm for address and good luck.

I've just bottled about 3 batches in the past week, have another two fermenting and am brewing a sour saison today with kettle souring. I should be sending something off for this. I'll ask for your address a bit nearer the time.

I've just bottled about 3 batches in the past week, have another two fermenting and am brewing a sour saison today with kettle souring. I should be sending something off for this. I'll ask for your address a bit nearer the time.
Crikey @jceg316 your on a brewing mission!!! Are you retired or out of work something???? :beer6:

I'm currently inbetween jobs so I've had some time to brew! My main issue is 3 fermenters is not enough.

This is “anything you like” rather than experimental brews isn’t it?

I’m bottling my Golden ale with Styrian Goldings on Friday so it should be carbed and just about conditioned by judging time. Or I might still have a bottle or 2 of APA left.

Hmm... I've got a bock and a saison which are decent. Going to be brewing some Kveik next week also. I'll have a think and see how things go.

I have a VPA (Victorian Pale Ale)... :eek: I think its lip smacking! But would be nice to hear someone else's thoughts... Should be 6% ABV, but since I've broken my hydrometer and after two bottles, I need to have a lye down, it might be a bit more!:D

Any more entries I should be looking out for?
So far have Dads_Ale and ACBEV

Mine will be in the post this week. Is Thursday too late? I have a lunchtime meeting tomorrow but might manage,and work I from the hospital on a Wednesday which isn’t close to a post office.

Is your address the same as last time?

I bagged a load of free kit from a guy who was leaving the country, so currently have more fvs that I need, so I'm currently in the FFR = FF + 1 regime, where FF is the number of fermentation fridges and FFR is the number I need.

Anyway, I've got an oddball beer for the comp but won't be able to send it until the weekend, would this be ok?

Mine will be in the post this week. Is Thursday too late? I have a lunchtime meeting tomorrow but might manage,and work I from the hospital on a Wednesday which isn’t close to a post office.

Is your address the same as last time?
Mick - yes haven't moved.

Probably the week of the 9th, all quite strong so may split them into two sitting, or find a guest judge and share....

Back