March competition - Freestyle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh... I've not sent in a bottle to the forum comp. for ages...

I'd like to send a Golden Ale, if I'm not too late. Looking at all the posh beers you've received so far, mine might be a tad over-shadowed.

Ooh... I've not sent in a bottle to the forum comp. for ages...

I'd like to send a Golden Ale, if I'm not too late. Looking at all the posh beers you've received so far, mine might be a tad over-shadowed.
Still plenty of time & never underestimate a good golden ale!

Just a reminder that I'm judging on the 6th so if you want to get your entries to me with a bit of time to get them settled in the fridge, get them in the post asap!

Prize beer #2 is Ampersand's Boutilliers collab Las Pinas - a pineapple & tea wheat beer. Whoever wins is in for a treat (assuming I get my hands on another bottle as I might have accidentally drunk the one I put aside for the prize :beer1:)!

I'm afraid judging day is being pushed back a day or 2. I've got a stinking cold & can't taste a thing - not the best prep for judging 8 beers & I want to do them all justice.

Will post when I'm fighting fit & ready for judging. Sorry all.

Right, it looks like I'm over the worst. Will be judging half the entries tomorrow night & the rest the night after. Unfortunately my mate can't make the rearranged judging & there's no way I'm doing 8 beers in one go on my own!

Right, everyone should have received feedback by PM. Please let me know if you haven't.

I tasted 8 beers across 2 nights (4 on each) and the quality was outstanding. My wife was "helping" and she and I both commented for most of the beers that we would have happily paid for them. So thanks to everyone who entered!

2 beers scored the joint highest so it came down to personal preference. I chose one and my wife chose the other so naturally I pulled rank! So the top 3 with scores afterwards:

1. @stigman Chilli Stout - 43/50
2. @dan125 Black IPA - 43/50
3. @strange-steve Lemon & Lime Berliner Weisse - 40/50

Congratulations to @stigman who has won himself 2 prize beers - Adnams & Northern Monk's collab porter and Ampersand's pineapple tea wheat beer (fingers crossed I can pick it up tomorrow, if not, I'll get another Ampersand beer over to you). I'll get them in the post asap.

Thank you again for all of your entries and I hope the feedback is useful. The judging certainly has been!

Yay I won! :groupdancing:
I'm a little surprised realy, I new this one was good as I've had some realy good feedback from friends, but I also put this into the Stockport festival comp (CAMRA) didn't even get through the first round, some comments were to thin for 7%abv+lactose, not luxurious enough and overpowered by the chilli. It was absolutely non of these.

I was very happy with .y feed back. Thanks for the reply and mostly drinking my poison! Are we to put our feed back up in here?

Latest posts

Back